Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 15:52 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:52

Close

GRE Prep Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GRE score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Visit my Website: wiki-toefl.com
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 33119 [0]
Given Kudos: 25177
Send PM
Re: What is the best way to get ready for TOEFL with 3 week left [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Intern
Intern
Send PM
3 hours -> Speaking: (My Score:30/30)
Just unbelievable, good!
You can have any language job, then afford a villa somewhere in Greece huh
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
top score, congrats :D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
If you have less than 30 days to prepare, you should concentrate on strategies and not on improving your English. You cannot improve your English significantly for 20 days. However, if you focus on your weaknesses and if you have a strategy to overcome them, you can improve your TOEFl score significantly for a month.

For the Reading section I recommend a lot of practice if you haven’t read a lot before your TOEFL preparation.

For the Listening it is very helpful to watch TV shows, interviews and films in English.

For the Speaking section you need a lot of strategies. I have talked to many excellent speakers who explained me that they find the Speaking section on the TOEFL very complicated. You have to answer very odd and unusual questions, to summarize reading passages and lectures and etc. No one speaks about these things in real life. That’s why you need strategies and accurate practice material to succeed on this section. All of my friends and I succeeded with NOTEFULL . They give you the best preparation for the speaking section. They have a free course that is VERY VERY helpful.

However, If you think you need more help and if you are insecure, they have many paid courses. If you have problems only with reading, you can purchase a Reading course. If you need more help for the Speaking section, you can purchase a Speaking course and etc. However, if you think you need help for all of the sections, there are complete courses. In addition, there are different courses considering the time you have before your exam. NOTEFULL will help you improve even when you have 3 days left before the exam
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
wow, that's definitely great! congratulations!
I wish to get the same result for my test. I need to start working on my skills for these scores right now, because I know me, hehe. And I do believe if I start now I can get the highest grades

Intern
Send PM
great post
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for sharing your experience! Effort and guts will achieve anything
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
great scores..great tips!

congrats on that
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I owe you a beer if i reach 100 at least with your hints
Intern
Intern
Send PM
wikitoefl wrote:
I scored a 118/120 on my TOEFL iBT test with 3 hours of preparation. No, I’m not one of those genius kids and neither do I possess extreme concentration talent. This answer consists of my honest approach to the exam.

Study on a GRE level for Verbal and Analytical Writing
Practice one speaking exercise at least 15 times; record yourself over and over and don’t stop until you hear a perfect dialogue
That’ s all; I just put the ‘3’ there because…you know..lucky three
Anyways…..

Let’s jump into the preparation tips that I can offer you:

A) Reading: (My Score:29/30)

There are some great TOEFL preparation guides out there. However, not having used one myself, I would suggest studying the GRE Reading Comprehension section. You can find exercises for these in the classics: Barron, Manhattan, ETS Official GRE Guide, etc. The GRE RC section demands you to apply your mind very analytically as well as intuitively to answer a question. It helps improve your vocabulary and speed reading capabilities. After solving about 180–200 GRE RC questions correctly, the TOEFL Reading section will be an absolute cakewalk. It will not be a challenge to obtain a perfect score(30/30). I do not lie when I say this and strongly encourage you to study GRE Reading Comprehension.

B) Listening:(My Score:29/30)

I’m afraid that my suggestion for this is going to closely align with the age-old suggestions you’ve probably heard before: Listen to English conversations! But it’s true!! It does work! The conversations presented in the TOEFL iBT are usually related to campus situations and lectures on topics like Psychology,Geology,etc. and the accent of the speakers is neutral to American. You will be asked questions related to details from the conversation and I suggest that you keep a notepad handy and jot down parts of the conversation. The questions are easy and if you have understood the language, a 27+/30 is guaranteed. Watch channels like BBC, CNN, or any other English news channel in your country. They are required to maintain a neutral accent and speak at a moderate speed. For practice, you may jot down what you hear to train yourself for writing speed since there will be a lot of information to record in the actual test dialogues.

C)Speaking: (My Score:30/30)

Most test-takers dread and goof up in this section. The two main reasons for this are

Do not use preparation time wisely
Not used to speak into a microphone, and to a computer
Depending upon the number of seconds you are asked to speak( to answer a question related to conversation/lecture), there is a preparation time given ranging from 15–30 seconds. Do not spend this precious time framing sentences! Content is more important. Be a regular English speaker at your college or at home and you have the tools to use the prep time for a better cause:content. Make 3 columns on your scratch pad and label them, Beginning—Middle—End. Under each, jot down in 4–5 words the general idea of what you will say. This is ALL that you have been given time for. Then, once you hear the beep, the floor is yours to let those sentences naturally flow. The scratch pad with golden reminders and points will help now.

Test-takers usually lose marks when they use a lot of ‘umms’ and ‘uhhs’ in their speech. It is natural to do so and we use them a lot in every day conversations. Sometimes they are very required to convey a tone or flavor. However, I suggest that you hold back on this habit during the TOEFL test. Find a sample speaking assignment online(Just Google TOEFL Speaking Section Questions) and record yourself answering it within the given time. Listen to yourself and ask: As an examiner, what do I hear wrong with this? What could have been better? Then plan again and answer again. Record your answers repeatedly until you get a satisfactory output.

Stay focused and oblivious to others’ voices and answer smartly. You will be good.

D) Writing: (My Score: 30/30)

Here, I must again turn to my GRE books to gain writing practice. The GRE books contain sample questions and sample answers related to analytical writing skills. The questions given are usually quite abstract and the answers contain a level of very high-level English. Your exposure to the way a GRE essay is expected to be analyzed and written will again like Reading, make the Writing section look easier than 1+1.

I hope this was helpful. Don’t forget to report your scores the night before your test, get lots of sleep, keep a sweater, and have a hearty meal.

Good Luck!

Hello,

Outstanding score.
Thank you so much for the detailed Information about your experience.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
great post.thanks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Well you are short in time)
Found this tips speciall for those in deadline
Let’s start section wise preparation tips of TOEFL:

TOEFL Preparation Tips for Listening Section:

Listen to Broadcasts
Make notes
Accent comfort
TOEFL Preparation Tips for Reading Section:

Read English articles
Practice grammar
Practice comprehensions
TOEFL Preparation Tips for Speaking Section:

Practice speaking
Record
Knowledge
TOEFL Preparation tips for Writing section:

Read
Make notes
Research
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Writing a Programming assignment help is ahead pain to most students. The cycle is troublesome and tedious; however, to get the ideal score, you truly need a great deal of difficult work. Notwithstanding, the best thing about writing a research paper is that it further develops one's writing abilities and helps in creating thoughts to think sensibly. 
Prep Club for GRE Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator: