Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 23:57 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 23:57

Close

GRE Prep Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GRE score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 918 [9]
Given Kudos: 0
Most Helpful Community Reply
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 918 [6]
General Discussion
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
Send PM
Re: All imaginative mentorship requires a specific degree [#permalink]
The use of the word imaginative and then using a detour word suggests that something opposite of imaginative should come and hence literal could be a good choice as it suggests for something real.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
theBrahmaTiger wrote:
Shwetanshu07 wrote:
Can you please explain why the answer is - literal and not direct

All artistic mentorship requires a certain level of devotion and imitation, but in choreography the influence tends to be more (i) _______ . One body is taking direction from another.

The main idea of this question is that artistic mentorship requires instructions that has to be taken by the receiver as is. If you are imitating something, then you would want it to be exact replica as the original. Similarly, the same logic is applied here. In choreography, the influence is more EXACT, because one body is directly taking instructions from another.

Direct may correspond to direction, but successful imitation don't have to directly come from the source.

Hope this clears things up. This is definitely a MEDIUM level question.

Hello theBrahmaTiger,

I may have gotten this reason question right, but for the wrong reasons. I would like to ask how did we reach to artistic and choreography from imaginary and movement respectively. I read the prompt twice but still had no idea what it meant. My only clue was imaginative and however, so literal made sense.

Did I miss anything in the prompt which was the clue of the context?

-A
Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 33114 [0]
Given Kudos: 25173
Send PM
Expert Reply
This sentence is a little bit difficult to grasp.

At a glance, when you read it and see that you do need a specific dedication it seems that the word in the blank must be in the opposite direction

However, scanning the answer choices you realize that the word you need to fill the blank will reinforce the concept "specific"

Now, in general we need a lot of attention when we are performing the mentorship (whatever is the meaning of this process) and IN MOVEMENT this action is even more specific or "literal"

literal - correct
artful - out of scope because we are more specific and "concrete" in our process. Artful is something creative. we are not creative on this scenario, we are methodic
direct - from the context we are ALREADY direct or straight in what we want to do
flawless - all the process is already - possibly - flawless.
reciprocal - we already know this from the last portion of the sentence

I hope this helps
Prep Club for GRE Bot
[#permalink]
Moderators:
GRE Instructor
218 posts
GRE Instructor
1029 posts