Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:53 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:53

Close

GRE Prep Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GRE score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 33119 [9]
Given Kudos: 25175
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 51
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 103
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [2]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
This reproductive notion of memory (i) _____ us into thinking that su [#permalink]
Typical answers, can someone please provide relevant explanation for the blank.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 51
GMAT 1: 710 Q59 V44
Send PM
Re: This reproductive notion of memory (i) _____ us into thinking that su [#permalink]
Carcass can you please explain the answer?
Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 33119 [2]
Given Kudos: 25175
Send PM
Re: This reproductive notion of memory (i) _____ us into thinking that su [#permalink]
Expert Reply
This reproductive notion of memory (i) _____ us into thinking that successfully remembering a source boils down to the amount of exposure we give it

This piece of information tell us that we are secure or comfortable that the process is pretty straightforward: I repeat, repeat , and repeat a notion until it is served in my mind. So I am tranquil that all is fine.
This process does not work that way. However, it lulls me that is so and all is fine. It does not trick me or make me believe. It put me in a comfort zone

and that interacting with that source will likely only ‘interfere with the shot’.

However, thinking of memory as if it worked like a/an (ii) _______ camera is misleading and really unhelpful when you’re studying.

But thinking this way like a recalcitrant camera...I need to push and push the process that indeed is uncooperative or maybe unresponsive (the process to imprint the notion in my mind via repetition) is just lace a recalcitrant camera.

And considering that the analogy is to show us the process is NOT straight but tortuous, automatic and repeating are wrong

I hope this helps

Please let me know feedback about the question because I have created it
Prep Club for GRE Bot
[#permalink]
Moderators:
GRE Instructor
218 posts
GRE Instructor
1029 posts