Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 14:09 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:09

Close

GRE Prep Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GRE score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 437
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 437
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 33119 [0]
Given Kudos: 25175
Send PM
Re: Review my AWA Issue Essay (out of 6) [#permalink]
Expert Reply
First of all it is useful to post the AWA in a brand new discussion and NOT as reply to another post.

Moreover, every essay should be in a separate post and not amassed in a single post. This is not useful whatsoever

Back to the essay they have a simple structure. They should be written in a more efficient way

Your sentences a monotone and often redundant

Facebook and/or Tweeter. It was highly evident during the presidency of Donald Trump. The presidency of Donald Trump was also characterized as the era of unprofessionalism and chaos. His posts in the media were full of slangs, unprofessional language, and unset hierarchy of ideas.

also Tweeter is the speaker in your car or computer sound system

I believe it was Twitter (the social media instant messaging)

regards
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Carcass, what approach would you recommend to develop relevant skills, so I can diversify my sentence structure, and include more complex vocabulary in my essay?
Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 33119 [0]
Given Kudos: 25175
Send PM
Expert Reply
tkorzhan18 wrote:
Carcass, what approach would you recommend to develop relevant skills, so I can diversify my sentence structure, and include more complex vocabulary in my essay?

That is a very good question. People not so often pose in that manner.

Well, we should first mention that the AWA on the GRE or the GMAT is a draft. However, even though it is a draft actually, it is a draft at an academic level. You take the GRE to move further to advanced studies. It is not a draft you could right during your high school. Therefore, the pre-requisite a student should have is the mastering a good writing English.

So, they assume you can take a side or criticize something coherently. Efficiently and clearly. I.E evaluate yes the structure of the AWA and how it is organized but also the way you write a sentence; the modifier is in the right place and modifies the right pronoun. The good punctuation. The right pace. No monotone phrases. Always writing in third person, possibly. And so forth.

all the above is the result of good standard English. ETS actually does not care about your ideas, to be honest. Unless you are biased or racist or something like that. They care how you write.

Many people think they fail because they cannot express good ideas in their essays. This is also true. But in REALITY, they do not know how to write for the good.

My idea is based on a two-fold view.

On one side of the spectrum, a good grammar book that you can easily even find on-line for free or at most for some buck should be essential. This for example is a great pick https://isbnsearch.org/isbn/1576855414

BTW, I am writing a grammar book with ALL the necessary notions to write the AWa and tackle the TC/SE questions.

No fluff or redundant stuff

On the other side of the spectrum, you need to have clear the structure of the AWA

The following could be useful

Attachment:
screenshot.789.jpg
screenshot.789.jpg [ 775.37 KiB | Viewed 2634 times ]

Attachment:
screenshot.790.jpg
screenshot.790.jpg [ 623.63 KiB | Viewed 2603 times ]

Let me know if the above was of any help to you

Regards
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]