Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 20:49 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 20:49

Close

GRE Prep Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GRE score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 509 [12]
Given Kudos: 259
GRE 1: Q165 V170
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 509 [0]
Given Kudos: 259
GRE 1: Q165 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Re: Free GRE Club Practice Tests [#permalink]
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but for quantitative section 1, question 8, how are you getting 45 for the total number of pets? If there are 33 rabbits, 27 dogs, and 15 cats, shouldn't the total be 75, making the percentage of cats 20%?
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 10616 [0]
GRE 1: Q167 V156
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Expert Reply
tegorman13 wrote:
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but for quantitative section 1, question 8, how are you getting 45 for the total number of pets? If there are 33 rabbits, 27 dogs, and 15 cats, shouldn't the total be 75, making the percentage of cats 20%?

Hi tegorman13,

You are right. It was a calculation mistake. I have corrected the question.

Thanks

Regards,
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [0]
GRE 1: Q158 V154
Send PM
These tests are quite useful.Some of the questions statements in Quantitative Tests seem wrong that I would highlight later.I suggest,please also include GRE calculator on test interface of Quantitative Tests.Also,in some questions the explanation for solution does not seem sufficient enough to grasp the full concept of the solution.

regards
m.yasir
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Expert Reply
yasir9909 wrote:
These tests are quite useful.Some of the questions statements in Quantitative Tests seem wrong that I would highlight later.I suggest,please also include GRE calculator on test interface of Quantitative Tests.Also,in some questions the explanation for solution does not seem sufficient enough to grasp the full concept of the solution.

regards
m.yasir

Hello Yasir,

Could you please share question id which are wrong so that we can work on them?

Thank you for your feedback. Your suggestions are extremely valuable to us.

Regards
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi,Sandy

Question#17 of Quantitative Test#10 is repeated on Question#20;please,replace Question#20 with some other question.I would give further feedback later

regards
m.yasir
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Expert Reply
srbhgpt21 wrote:
Mnay errors in quant test 1 .
Not reliable

Hello srbhgpt21,

Could you be more specific about the errors. Your feedback would help improve our product.

Thanks and Regards
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Please check Q#5 of Quant Test#10 greprepclub;I have posted issue on this question in another post of mine,here is the link to that post :

issue-with-oa-of-q-5-of-quant-test-10-greprepclub-2508.html#p4710

Here is the link to the Q#5 of Quant Test#10 greprepclub :

Source : http://gre.myprepclub.com/tests/results/3104/Q02-83

I think the answer to this question should be C while official answer provided is D

regards
m.yasir
Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 33099 [0]
Given Kudos: 25173
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thank for your feedback. After all It is still in beta..........thanks :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Send PM
Thanks a lot for these resources!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Send PM
Many thanks for you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
where can i get solutions to the tests? There are some solutions which I think are incorrect..how can i discuss them?
Verbal Expert
Send PM
Expert Reply
saumya17lc wrote:
where can I get solutions to the tests? There are some solutions which I think are incorrect..how can i discuss them?

Hi,

we are always on the frontline to receive positive and well-reasoning feedback by the students.

You can post the question under the relative section: I.E if the question is the quantitative comparison, post there.

The stem, the answer choices, the OA and why for you is not correct the solution.

Please in the title of the question itself specify that is from GGREClub Test.

Waiting for you, I hope this helps.

Regards
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Your tests are inadequate. 6 questions in I encounter one using trigonometry (cos/sin). A question later I encounter one which has wrong notation. I suggest you condense your tests into 6, picking only the quality questions. In its current form, your tests are useless to me given how many other free options there are out there.
Verbal Expert
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thank you for your precious feedback.

However, believe me, or not, all the free tests out there almost never reflect the real GRE in terms of quality of contents. Our tests yes. I took, actually, all of them.

Then, if we talk about tests such as those provided by prep companies, probably yes. Our tests certainly have room for improvements.

But two questions (with one with a wrong notation) that invalidate 10 quant tests, I do think is a bit a risk saying that our tests are insufficient.

Regards
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I had a look at the other free tests, the economist, kaplan and I feel like they are equally deficient. Manhattan was ok, but it had too much emphasis on vocabulary, which was not the case with the ETS tests.

Compared to the GMAT there seems to be a lot of scarcity when it comes to adequate CATs. And GRE is supposed to be the more popular one... how do you explain this?

Your tests could be useful for people unfamiliar with the GRE math. However, the fact that there is a question which requires the use of sin/cos is a major red flag, that the other questions might also not reflect the requiered exam curriculum.

I would suggest you make the tests free and use them as a tool for making the forum more popular as well as polishing the questions and removing the errors. In their current state I wouldn’t pay the price you are asking. Quality is more important than quantity.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Verbal Expert
Send PM
Expert Reply
Quality over quantity is our cornerstone.

We worked, and still is an ongoing process, on the tests: deprecating, fading out and checking, again and again, the tests. The fact that a question, that is undoubtedly out of context, popped up in front of you could not mean that the whole package does not reflect the quality and most important a real GRE experience.

You are pointing out that a question is at its core trigonometry that is quite a lot not used more in the new GRE. I agree on this, you right. But, as an analogy, using a question as a parameter of the whole package is like using a survey to explain the behavior of an entire population. This is clearly misleading. Take what I am saying in the right perspective.

What about, for instance, of the verbal part ?? I had consulted with several skilled GRE and GMAT tutors and they really praised the effort of the entire test as whole and verbal in particular; we do know that GRE is a test that relies hugely on verbal skills.

That say, Thank you once again for your spot on feedback.

Regards
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I can’t comment on the verbal part, sorry. I usually hit 97%+ on verbal so I don’t really need to practice it. Quant is my weakness and ironically the one most valued for my degree of choice which is why I am bit picky when it comes to that.
I appreciate that you replied to my feedback and I do see your point about the sample size.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Prep Club for GRE Bot
[#permalink]
 1   2   3   
Moderators:
Verbal Expert
28620 posts