Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:58 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:58

Close

GRE Prep Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GRE score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1965 [16]
Given Kudos: 0
GRE 1: Q165 V161
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [8]
GREedge: Expert
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Re: What is a good GRE score? [#permalink]
Overall 315 will take you to Safer side.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
I want at least 330. Did someone received this score? Is it real?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Send PM
I think 310-340 is a good score. But, it really does depend on the program and etc.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [2]
Send PM
We have created a helpbook for approaching SOPs for MiS, it includes research on MIS programs and sample successful SoPs, if you wish to receive a copy please inbox me, kindly don't comment on this post.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Send PM
GREedgeExpert wrote:
Over the years, one of the most common question I have been asked by my students is, “What is a good GRE score?” I have got to admit that it is still one of the toughest question to answer. A good GRE score range mostly depends on the expectations of the student. The perception of a ‘Good GRE score’ also varies from individual to individual. Same with the universities. Some students might consider University of Michigan as a good college and hence the score required to get an admission there would be perceived as a Good GRE score by them. However, students who are targeting Harvard, won’t perceive University of Michigan as a top college. Hence their idea of a good GRE score range will be much higher. Anyway, according to my experience and perception I would recommend the following slabs as ranges for a good GRE score.

TOP SCORE – These scores will place you among the top 10% of the test takers and get you admissions into the Top US Universities.

163(V) + 165(Q) + 5(AWA) = 328 (GRE Score)

GOOD SCORE – These scores will place you among the top 25% of the test takers and get you admissions into excellent US Universities. And guess what? You still have a shot at Ivy League universities if you have a good and consistent profile.

158-162(V) + 159-164(Q) + 4.5(AWA) = 317-327 (GRE Score)

DECENT SCORE
These scores will place you among the top 50% of the test takers. Though, these scores won’t help your chances of getting into the Top US Universities, you will have a shot of many non-Ivy League universities. These are pretty decent scores and not at all bad. Though you might face some competition if you are applying for highly sought after programs. Make sure that you build up a strong profile.

152-157(Q) + 159-164(V) + 4.0(AWA) = 305-316 (GRE Score)

AVERAGE SCORE
These scores will place you among the remaining 50% of the test takers. Though these scores would get you admissions in many universities, chances are high that these universities might not be regarded as Top Universities or Excellent Universities by conventional standards. These universities can still offer you unconventional programs and help you build your own niche. Or you can just retake the GRE and aim to boost your GRE scores for a shot at more popular universities.

151(V) + 152(Q) + 3.5(AWA) = 260-303(GRE Score)

Furthermore you may also want to look into the average GRE score required for various fields of studies. Additionally we have suggested a ‘Safe Score’ which is based on standard deviations and can be seen as a pointer for a Good GRE score. This will help you to determine your own target of a good GRE score.

LIFE SCIENCES

Mean Score - 151(V) + 151(Q) + 3.8(AWA)

Safe Score -158(V) + 158(Q) + 3.5(AWA)

PHYSICAL SCIENCES

Mean Score - 153(V) + 158(Q) + 3.8(AWA)

Safe Score - 162(V) + 165(Q) + 3.5(AWA)

ENGINEERING -> Comment or revert back for further score info.

What about Business Schools?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM