Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 10:19 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 10:19

Close

GRE Prep Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GRE score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 33107 [0]
Given Kudos: 25173
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 5261 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
307 to 322?? [#permalink]
Carcass wrote:
where do you need more improvements sir ?

It depends also your target score

I honestly can't figure out where the problem lies in quant. I understand the quant concepts well still my accuracy in 2 quant sections that I got in PPP1 was only 13/20.
In verbal, I need to work on vocab and time management. I skipped the 3 RCs that I got in each section to first complete TC and SE. At the end I was left with 7-9 mins only for the 3 RCs out of which 1 was long and 2 were short passages. My SE was good. 1 incorrect in 1st section and 0 incorrect in 2nd section. In TC, I am getting the logic of the sentence right, I have been Gregmat student for some time, so I apply those strategies, but the questions that I got wrong was due to vocab.
My target score is a minimum 322.

Regarding my prep, I have completed OG 3rd edition, individual quant chapter questions of 5lb (I haven't done the mixed sets of 5lb), I have done questions from verbal and quant review, I have been solving questions from the big book. Mostly the prep has revolved around ETS questions only. There is certainly a lack of official questions and now I am confused what questions to practice now that I need to improve from 307 to 322.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 2118 [0]
Given Kudos: 140
GRE 1: Q168 V157

GRE 2: Q167 V161
Send PM
Re: 307 to 322?? [#permalink]
Hey Nis20

13/20 in a quant section will hamper your score for sure. I would say go back to the basics, read theories, and do 5-7 sums of each topic. Here there are official as well as other kinds of questions.

In verbal, I would say in 30 minutes, take 10 minutes to complete TC & SE and the rest 20 mins, do spend on RCs. RCs play a big part in the score and you can't afford to skip even one.

Carcass - What do you say?

Regards,
R
Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 33107 [0]
Given Kudos: 25173
Send PM
307 to 322?? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
I will be happy to spend my humble opinion on that.

First off, the students says that he has problems improving and managing his TM.

Now, your problem - both quant and verbal - is time management ORRR to solve and understand quickly and efficiently an RC passage ? because the TM is directly proportional to your confidence

I suggest you to see our resource center. We have literally TONSSSSSS of material for free to improve. We have created this board just for this purpose and people seem do not see them

here https://gre.myprepclub.com/forum/gre-prep- ... 28495.html

TM here https://gre.myprepclub.com/forum/gre-time- ... tml#p57077 (read this VERY carefully)

here ALL our practice directories with thousands of questions https://gre.myprepclub.com/forum/gre-conte ... tml#p85879

2) The strategy

THIS IS NOT a test of vocabulary, if not in a minimum part. It is a test of logic how to understand the sentence/passage. You can even just study the root words here https://gre.myprepclub.com/forum/gre-gener ... 27742.html, and you should be ok. The sentence, its flow, and its meaning is important. I am creating the grammar book and then the new TC/SE guides just for this purpose.

SE must go first on the test because they are easier to tackle. then TC and the rest of RC

On quant, rx10 gave you a pearl of suggestion: go to the basic. We assume we do know, but in the end, we have flaws. These flaws are maybe a thing simply our brain is NOT able to remember. For example, believe me, or not, since elementary school, I struggle to remember that 7*9 is 63. It looks silly, but I have to spend an extra second to recall it. Why? It is so. I do not know.

There will always be a formula you will not remember. Your goal is to have all in mind in a snap. To improve your TM. Your brain also will find a shortcut when you amass all this knowledge.

3) Prep material

Official questions for last. Always. You can also think of the new mentor course by ETS https://gre.myprepclub.com/forum/new-offic ... 29328.html 600+ questions + a lot of tools at your disposal for 100 bucks. I think it is a good deal.

For more practice, see my links above the directories.

Focus on areas: arithmetic and solving tons of questions. For example, for absolute values, go for 50 good questions via tags. Theory first. Then move on to the next topic. Prioritize the topic tested the most. Probability is not for sure. Forget. Even on the test day, you have two questions on probability in fantasy land. so ??? Two questions were wrong. so ??? I have 18 correct. It is more than enough

4) DO NOT MEMORIZE

Use logic. Think all as a puzzle. Read carefully. If you read first upfront, you will save time, and your probability of winning the game will be higher.
Prep Club for GRE Bot
[#permalink]
Moderators:
Verbal Expert
28632 posts