Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 14:23 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:23

Close

GRE Prep Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GRE score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 33119 [0]
Given Kudos: 25175
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 2118 [1]
Given Kudos: 140
GRE 1: Q168 V157

GRE 2: Q167 V161
Send PM
Verbal Expert
Send PM
Re: Switching from GMAT to GRE [#permalink]
Expert Reply
rx10 wrote:
Hey Sid,

I still remember when I was in the same situation and here I am going to UNC.

I would say you start with giving a diagnostic test first. You will get an idea of the whole GRE game.
Carcass mentioned some useful links. Also start with the basics and then go further.

Do not put much stress. Remember, it's just a test. And tbh if I can do it, you totally can. Let me know if you have any queries.

Regards,
R

uhhhhhhhh :roll: Just seven years of work to create some useful links :lol: :lol:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey Carcass and rx10,
Thank you for the prompt reply,
rx10, congrats on getting an admit to UNC.
when you asked me to take a diagnostic test, did you mean the free diagnostic test the greprepclub offers ? or the one ets offers ? or both ?
I have gone through the structure of the GRE and I wanted to ask should I prepare/go through a couple of sample of essay(issue and argument) or is it similar to AWA found on the GMAT that I can directly give the mock a shot?

Carcass, thanks for curating the links, I have been through some, and they are really informative.
Verbal Expert
Send PM
Expert Reply
Diagnostic test means any test: gre prep club, princeton, kaplan see here for more https://gre.myprepclub.com/forum/best-free ... tml#p59089

official test in the end of your preparation

The awa on the GMAT is the same for the GRE, at least the one in common
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Carcass and rx10, I gave the gre prep club mock(quant and verbal 1),
I got 50% on the quant 1 (I made silly mistakes on 2 Qs , got 1 Q wrong because I wasn't aware of a particular equation rule on the GRE, got 1 Q wrong because I didn't have confidence that the formula to use was right or wrong, got 4 DI Qs wrong because I read the graph incorrectly because time was winding down. and got 2 questions wrong because I didn't know the topics)

and I got 45% on the verbal 1 (got 4 questions wrong because I didn't know the meaning of the words, got 7 RC questions wrong because I rushed on them, and wasn't able to comprehend them.. I will analyze the RC passages again after a while).

I would love to hear from the two of you, and would appreciate any advise on how to move forward from here.
and if you could recommend resources for both self prep and course prep.
Verbal Expert
Send PM
Expert Reply
SidT wrote:
Carcass and rx10, I gave the gre prep club mock(quant and verbal 1),
I got 50% on the quant 1 (I made silly mistakes on 2 Qs , got 1 Q wrong because I wasn't aware of a particular equation rule on the GRE, got 1 Q wrong because I didn't have confidence that the formula to use was right or wrong, got 4 DI Qs wrong because I read the graph incorrectly because time was winding down. and got 2 questions wrong because I didn't know the topics)

and I got 45% on the verbal 1 (got 4 questions wrong because I didn't know the meaning of the words, got 7 RC questions wrong because I rushed on them, and wasn't able to comprehend them.. I will analyze the RC passages again after a while).

I would love to hear from the two of you, and would appreciate any advise on how to move forward from here.
and if you could recommend resources for both self prep and course prep.

Dear sir

could you provide the ID of every question you got wrong, did not know the topic, or asked for assistance?

Thank you
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Carcass,
Cool, I will send you the details by PM.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 2118 [0]
Given Kudos: 140
GRE 1: Q168 V157

GRE 2: Q167 V161
Send PM
Hey SidT

Sorry for reverting you late.

You mentioned that you got 50% in quant. Tbh you should try to get as many correct in quant as possible. This wrong ones will haunt you for sure. And this much wrong means that you are weak on basics. I'd say you go through our Math Book(https://gre.myprepclub.com/forum/gre-math- ... -2609.html), learn concepts and then try solving.

I'd suggest the same for the verbal part as well. Take one step at a time. No rush. Make sure you learn each and every concept and then only go ahead. And no stress, you can do it.

Let me know if you need any more help.

Regards,
R
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 5269 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi SidT,

To start, did you take a practice exam to get a baseline GRE score?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey ScottTargetTestPrep,

I haven't taken an official practice exam yet.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ScottTargetTestPrep, would you like me to take an official GRE mock cold and get back here with the results ?
Prep Club for GRE Bot
[#permalink]
Moderators:
Verbal Expert
28635 posts