[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 1524: Undefined array key "topic_tags_visibility"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 1525: Undefined array key "timer_statistics_visibility"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 3173: Undefined variable $first_post
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 3173: Undefined variable $first_post
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 3173: Undefined variable $first_post
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 3173: Undefined variable $first_post
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 3173: Undefined variable $first_post
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 3173: Undefined variable $first_post
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 3173: Undefined variable $first_post
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 3173: Undefined variable $first_post
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 3173: Undefined variable $first_post
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 3173: Undefined variable $first_post
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 3173: Undefined variable $first_post
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 3173: Undefined variable $first_post
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 3173: Undefined variable $first_post
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 3173: Undefined variable $first_post
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 3173: Undefined variable $first_post
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 3173: Undefined variable $first_post
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 3173: Undefined variable $first_post
ALL GRE Official Guides [Directory] : General GRE Questions & Strategies - Page 3

Last visit was: 20 Jul 2024, 10:29 It is currently 20 Jul 2024, 10:29

Close

GRE Prep Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GRE score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 18 Oct 2020
Posts: 15
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 18 Oct 2020
Posts: 15
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Verbal Expert
Joined: 18 Apr 2015
Posts: 29128
Own Kudos [?]: 34165 [0]
Given Kudos: 25525
Send PM
avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 18 Oct 2020
Posts: 15
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Re: ALL GRE Official Guides [Directory] [#permalink]
Thanks for ur reply. Yes thats great to verify if an individual question is in a particular book or test. What I am trying see if I have all the following books/tests, do I still need 3 books mentioned under "GRE revised Genaral Test - paper-based" and "ETS GRE Math Review"?


1. GRE: Practicing to Take the General Test. Big Book
2. GRE: Practicing to Take the General Test 10th Ed (skipping cuz repeat from Big Book)
3. The Official Guide to the GRE Revised General Test, 2nd Ed.
4. ETS Official GRE Quantitative Reasoning Practice Questions, Volume 1 - 2nd Ed.
5. ETS Official GRE Verbal Reasoning Practice Questions, Volume 1 - 2nd Ed.
6. Power Prep free 2 tests
7. 3 PowerPrep Plus paid tests
Thanks and looking forward to ur reply.
Verbal Expert
Joined: 18 Apr 2015
Posts: 29128
Own Kudos [?]: 34165 [1]
Given Kudos: 25525
Send PM
Re: ALL GRE Official Guides [Directory] [#permalink]
1
Expert Reply
Nina1987 wrote:
Thanks for ur reply. Yes thats great to verify if an individual question is in a particular book or test. What I am trying see if I have all the following books/tests, do I still need 3 books mentioned under "GRE revised Genaral Test - paper-based" and "ETS GRE Math Review"?


1. GRE: Practicing to Take the General Test. Big Book
2. GRE: Practicing to Take the General Test 10th Ed (skipping cuz repeat from Big Book)
3. The Official Guide to the GRE Revised General Test, 2nd Ed.
4. ETS Official GRE Quantitative Reasoning Practice Questions, Volume 1 - 2nd Ed.
5. ETS Official GRE Verbal Reasoning Practice Questions, Volume 1 - 2nd Ed.
6. Power Prep free 2 tests
7. 3 PowerPrep Plus paid tests
Thanks and looking forward to ur reply.


Go here https://gre.myprepclub.com/forum/search ... earch_tags and search via tags

You have all the OGs and the powerprep free software

The tag big book and so on
Intern
Intern
Joined: 01 Oct 2022
Posts: 3
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: ALL GRE Official Guides [Directory] [#permalink]
Is there an error log for the OG books?
Verbal Expert
Joined: 18 Apr 2015
Posts: 29128
Own Kudos [?]: 34165 [0]
Given Kudos: 25525
Send PM
Re: ALL GRE Official Guides [Directory] [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Ayushi0212 wrote:
Is there an error log for the OG books?


Sorry, what that means?

We do have the official error log and when attempting the OG questions you can use alike


we have this https://gre.myprepclub.com/forum/gre-er ... tml#p18513

and this https://gre.myprepclub.com/forum/gre-ne ... tml#p97609

let me know if you need further assistance
avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 30 May 2022
Posts: 1
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
ALL GRE Official Guides [Directory] [#permalink]
A lot of useful links upside aren't clickable. May somebody post them again? Thanks.
tracking employees program
avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 18 Oct 2020
Posts: 15
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
ALL GRE Official Guides [Directory] [#permalink]
Carcass wrote:
Nina1987 wrote:
Thanks for ur reply. Yes thats great to verify if an individual question is in a particular book or test. What I am trying see if I have all the following books/tests, do I still need 3 books mentioned under "GRE revised Genaral Test - paper-based" and "ETS GRE Math Review"?


1. GRE: Practicing to Take the General Test. Big Book
2. GRE: Practicing to Take the General Test 10th Ed (skipping cuz repeat from Big Book)
3. The Official Guide to the GRE Revised General Test, 2nd Ed.
4. ETS Official GRE Quantitative Reasoning Practice Questions, Volume 1 - 2nd Ed.
5. ETS Official GRE Verbal Reasoning Practice Questions, Volume 1 - 2nd Ed.
6. Power Prep free 2 tests
7. 3 PowerPrep Plus paid tests
Thanks and looking forward to ur reply.


Go here https://gre.myprepclub.com/forum/search ... earch_tags and search via tags

You have all the OGs and the powerprep free software

The tag big book and so on

Hi Carcass: I would like to search for CR Big Book, CR OG, CR VG only. Logic is that I want to solve only these questions so that my PowerPrep free 2tests are not inflated cuz I already knew them. How do I search cuz looks like there is no separate CR section on the GRE, it is subsumed under RC. What tags should I use? Thanks for ur patience and help
Verbal Expert
Joined: 18 Apr 2015
Posts: 29128
Own Kudos [?]: 34165 [1]
Given Kudos: 25525
Send PM
ALL GRE Official Guides [Directory] [#permalink]
1
Expert Reply
Yes on the GRE Cr are part of the reading comprehension section. That's why we did not set apart.

Pretty simple: under RC section there is the quick filter on top and you have to tick the mark

Passage paragraph argument (it is called this way on the GRE)

Then you can select the additional tag to pinpoint what you want: weaken the argument, assumption, conclusion, and so forth

here also can have a search https://gre.myprepclub.com/forum/search ... earch_tags

Example, I want: hard, passage paragraph argument, ONLY big book, assumption

https://gre.myprepclub.com/forum/search ... mit=Search

OR only the cR from the OG verbal reasoning, regardless the difficulty and the modality. Just all the CR

https://gre.myprepclub.com/forum/search ... mit=Search

Pretty easy and fast

let me know if you need more assistance
avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 11 Jan 2022
Posts: 1
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
ALL GRE Official Guides [Directory] [#permalink]
1
Am I crazy or something happened with the tags that one is able to search? In September I was preparing for GRE and I was able to select tags such as Powerprep 1 Test, Powerprep 2, OG 10ed, Big book... Cant find those anymore
Founder
Founder
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Posts: 319
Own Kudos [?]: 515 [2]
Given Kudos: 259
Location: United States
GRE 1: Q165 V170
Send PM
ALL GRE Official Guides [Directory] [#permalink]
2
Expert Reply
nfilip wrote:
Am I crazy or something happened with the tags that one is able to search? In September I was preparing for GRE and I was able to select tags such as Powerprep 1 Test, Powerprep 2, OG 10ed, Big book... Cant find those anymore



Hi. You are not crazy. We have received a massive ETS legal complaint to remove many discussions that were related to their questions, so we have been doing it over the weekend. I am not sure what their problem is with discussing questions but they really appear unhappy that people are preparing for the GRE. They even worked on Saturday extra time to file more complaints and threaten us. :facepalm_man:

P.S. We are law-abiding and comply with all legal requests and complaints but it is a bit futile since folks will post them again anyway for clarification since their explanations are either non-existent or terrible.
Verbal Expert
Joined: 18 Apr 2015
Posts: 29128
Own Kudos [?]: 34165 [0]
Given Kudos: 25525
Send PM
Re: ALL GRE Official Guides [Directory] [#permalink]
Expert Reply
see also here sir. This other discussion

https://gre.myprepclub.com/forum/unable ... ml#p101854
Verbal Expert
Joined: 18 Apr 2015
Posts: 29128
Own Kudos [?]: 34165 [0]
Given Kudos: 25525
Send PM
ALL GRE Official Guides [Directory] [#permalink]
Expert Reply
bb wrote:
nfilip wrote:
Am I crazy or something happened with the tags that one is able to search? In September I was preparing for GRE and I was able to select tags such as Powerprep 1 Test, Powerprep 2, OG 10ed, Big book... Cant find those anymore



Hi. You are not crazy. We have received a massive ETS legal complaint to remove many discussions that were related to their questions, so we have been doing it over the weekend. I am not sure what their problem is with discussing questions but they really appear unhappy that people are preparing for the GRE. They even worked on Saturday extra time to file more complaints and threaten us. :facepalm_man:

P.S. We are law-abiding and comply with all legal requests and complaints but it is a bit futile since folks will post them again anyway for clarification since their explanations are either non-existent or terrible.


It is what it is. hands down.

The only thing I do not understand, regardless the fact I have a degree in Economics or I am dead dumb: people who find here on our forum a good way to study, do not have a better or high incentive to take the GRE ?

Or not ?

I think the answer is quite intuitive. :think:

Therefore, what ETS is doing is counterintuitive. Pretty sure
avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 15 Jun 2022
Posts: 3
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Re: ALL GRE Official Guides [Directory] [#permalink]
Carcass wrote:
bb wrote:
nfilip wrote:
Am I crazy or something happened with the tags that one is able to search? In September I was preparing for GRE and I was able to select tags such as Powerprep 1 Test, Powerprep 2, OG 10ed, Big book... Cant find those anymore



Hi. You are not crazy. We have received a massive ETS legal complaint to remove many discussions that were related to their questions, so we have been doing it over the weekend. I am not sure what their problem is with discussing questions but they really appear unhappy that people are preparing for the GRE. They even worked on Saturday extra time to file more complaints and threaten us. :facepalm_man:

P.S. We are law-abiding and comply with all legal requests and complaints but it is a bit futile since folks will post them again anyway for clarification since their explanations are either non-existent or terrible.


It is what it is. hands down.

The only thing I do not understand, regardless the fact I have a degree in Economics or I am dead dumb: people who find here on our forum a good way to study, do not have a better or high incentive to take the GRE ?

Or not ?

I think the answer is quite intuitive. :think:

Therefore, what ETS is doing is counterintuitive. Pretty sure




God, it's just too bad I haven't had a chance to practice these topics. Hopefully the topics will be back soon
Intern
Intern
Joined: 03 Aug 2022
Posts: 5
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 54
Send PM
Re: ALL GRE Official Guides [Directory] [#permalink]
Hello Team, Any update here? How do I prepare for my exam? :(
avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 07 May 2023
Posts: 1
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: ALL GRE Official Guides [Directory] [#permalink]
Carcass wrote:
bb wrote:
nfilip wrote:
Am I crazy or something happened with the tags that one is able to search? In September I was preparing for GRE and I was able to select tags such as Powerprep 1 Test, Powerprep 2, OG 10ed, Big book... Cant find those anymore



Hi. You are not crazy. We have received a massive ETS legal complaint to remove many discussions that were related to their questions, so we have been doing it over the weekend. I am not sure what their problem is with discussing questions but they really appear unhappy that people are preparing for the GRE. They even worked on Saturday extra time to file more complaints and threaten us. :facepalm_man:

P.S. We are law-abiding and comply with all legal requests and complaints but it is a bit futile since folks will post them again anyway for clarification since their explanations are either non-existent or terrible.


It is what it is. hands down.

The only thing I do not understand, regardless the fact I have a degree in Economics or I am dead dumb: people who find here on our forum a good way to study, do not have a better or high incentive to take the GRE ?

Or not ?

I think the answer is quite intuitive. :think:

Therefore, what ETS is doing is counterintuitive. Pretty sure


This would make me run and get ETS's GRE official guides and I believe that's more profitable for them than the test itself for them. But ETS is a non-profit so why the heck would it chase profitability 'flummoxes' me (lol)
Prep Club for GRE Bot
Re: ALL GRE Official Guides [Directory] [#permalink]
   1   2   3 
Moderators:
GRE Instructor
52 posts
GRE Forum Moderator
28 posts
Verbal Expert
29128 posts

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne