Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 10:32 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 10:32

Close

GRE Prep Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GRE score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 509 [3]
Given Kudos: 259
GRE 1: Q165 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
Send PM
Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 33107 [0]
Given Kudos: 25173
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 509 [0]
Send PM
Re: Community Essay Reviews - Guaranteed Review [#permalink]
Expert Reply
forwet wrote:
bb Its asking for me to have 10 posts for me to be able to share links on comments. So does that mean I have to create atleast 10 posts first?

Hi. Just ping me here if you have done 2 reviews but can't post links or ping me via PM.
Thank you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
Send PM
Hey bb! I've reviewed two posts and still not able to post links.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 509 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
forwet wrote:
Hey bb! I've reviewed two posts and still not able to post links.

Thank you. I see you have posted 2 reviews and I see you posted an essay that carcass has reviewed:
https://gre.myprepclub.com/forum/argument- ... 22415.html

Is there a different one or which one are you talking about?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Could you score my essay?
The development of science and technology has had innumerable benefits on the the world as a whole. The people of this generation are able to perform activities which were thought to be impossible by the people in the 1950's or 60's. For instance, today, people have the technology which allows them to talk to their friends or family members who live miles apart just with the click of a button on the phone.

To say that Science and technology will one day be able to solve all of society's problems is incorrect. Indeed, science and technology has led been crucial in making our lives simpler and convenient. But, there are some problems which science and technology may not be able to attend to. For instance, issues arising from belief systems cannot be solved by science and technology. In most cases, religious beliefs are held in a higher position when compared to scientific explanations. For instance, a plethora of people have refused to get themselves vaccinated just because they believe that the vaccine may have adverse side effects. Even though a number of news firms and TV channels have advertised constantly that those beliefs are based on false premises, many people continue to stick to their beliefs. The task of educating people regarding the benefits of vaccination adds up to the onerous process of vaccination itself.

Even though science and technology has contributed a lot in making our lives convenient, it has also led to detrimental effects in human ability. A human being is designed in such a way that, in order to stay hale and healthy, must live such a life that he is in contact with the natural environment. The development of science and technology has led to human beings forget that humans too, are a piece of the planet. That they are made of earth, water , air , etc. The development of science and technology has made people's life so convenient that everything from food, shelter to accessories are available in the click of a button. A society bringing up people who live a sedentary life will bring up people who will be facing a lot of ailments during their days. Science and technology can help a society live a convenient life, but can never supplant nature in providing health and well being.

Thus, even though science and technology has provided people with innumerable benefits, it also has its shortcomings. A clear path has to be found out in order to improve people's lives of a society in a wholesome way.
Prep Club for GRE Bot
[#permalink]
Moderators:
GRE Instructor
218 posts
GRE Instructor
1029 posts