Last visit was: 07 May 2024, 10:03 It is currently 07 May 2024, 10:03

Close

GRE Prep Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GRE score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: AB, cum laude, Harvard University
Own Kudos [?]: 159 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GRE 1: Q168 V169
Send PM
Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 33241 [0]
Given Kudos: 25199
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Re: ETS Releases 2 New practice GREs: GRE PowerPrep Plus Online [#permalink]
Are they worth it, the extra ETS tests? Can one score well, without buying these two?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Expert Reply
Yes, they are worth it, and yes, one can still score well without using them.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks. I would be very interested in starting a GRE hate club. Mostly because ETS is so damn insensitive and annoying in the way it has designed the website. It takes ages to find where you took the practice test. The whole thing about it is user-unfriendly. Amazing to think how unthoughtful companies become market leaders. Pretty exasperating. Would like someone to make a post on how to develop tolerance and compassion for the money-minting ETS so as not to spoil/bomb your test.

Anyone else find them annoying? You can find hours on their site, and not find the info. you need. I am trying to find where I took the practice test - good luck to me!
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 509 [0]
Given Kudos: 259
GRE 1: Q165 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
mindful wrote:
Thanks. I would be very interested in starting a GRE hate club. Mostly because ETS is so damn insensitive and annoying in the way it has designed the website. It takes ages to find where you took the practice test. The whole thing about it is user-unfriendly. Amazing to think how unthoughtful companies become market leaders. Pretty exasperating. Would like someone to make a post on how to develop tolerance and compassion for the money-minting ETS so as not to spoil/bomb your test.

Anyone else find them annoying? You can find hours on their site, and not find the info. you need. I am trying to find where I took the practice test - good luck to me!

I feel your pain - GRE Power Prep Software is archaic and requires a computer science degree to install and run it.
There are some issues with the GRE, and thankfully there are alternatives such as GMAT and vice versa. At least it is cheaper than the GMAT....
Verbal Expert
Send PM
Expert Reply
bb wrote:
mindful wrote:

I feel your pain - GRE Power Prep Software is archaic and requires a computer science degree to install and run it.
There are some issues with the GRE, and thankfully there are alternatives such as GMAT and vice versa. At least it is cheaper than the GMAT....

I think this is the reason why they migrated the software online. Moreover, nowadays most of the softwares are online or in cloud.

Yet, you can stillò download it from our website, if you wanna work off-line. Here https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkI6k2MqJPfWwi9N2sr34R0teamx

Regards
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@ Thanks bb. That's a good point. I will focus on the fact that at least they are cheaper. Thank you for giving me something to think about.

@bb and carcass - Well, thanks for understanding. In fact, I wasn't even referring to the software, but to the site itself. I took the test on the site, but even when you log in, good luck navigating the site because it isn't the world's most intuitive site...you can keep wondering under which section would be what...As well, noone ever responds to queries -there is no real way to contact them. They are not very passionate about making life easier for students. This site (greprepclub) does a better job with that!
Verbal Expert
Send PM
Expert Reply
Weird.

usually, They are very kind and ready to answer via mail. Try once again............do not know for the rest.

Regards
Prep Club for GRE Bot
[#permalink]
Moderators:
Verbal Expert
28707 posts