Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 10:11 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 10:11

Close

GRE Prep Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GRE score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 11680 [2]
Given Kudos: 136
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 11680 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Re: If 75 percent of the employees of a certain company take a w [#permalink]
asfandiar wrote:
@GreenlightTestPrep
Hi, i need an opinion. I have very little time until my test day, and i'm kind of new to this overlapping sets. Been practicing the double matrix method for a few days. So i'm comfortable with questions such as this. My question is, how hard can gre get in terms of overlapping sets? And just one more, what kind of other set thery questions can i expect. They give atleast 3 from the set theory this much i know.

When you say "set theory" what are you referring to? I'm thinking of the set theory they teach you in university to help set you up for formal proofs.

I have a nice list of official and unofficial OVERLAPPING sets questions here: https://www.greenlighttestprep.com/modu ... /video/922
See the many linked questions in the Reinforcement Activities box

Cheers,
Brent
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@GreenlightTestPrep
Sorry, i meant Set Members. I was checking out the diagnostic report from the ETS website. In the quant section, right below data interpretation was "Set members". So in total there are 6 of these, 3 from each section. Are these the statistics/overlapping sets questions? And, what other topics can i expect to be covered among these questions.
Also, thank you for the practice questions. Much appreciated.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
asfandiar wrote:
@GreenlightTestPrep
Sorry, i meant Set Members. I was checking out the diagnostic report from the ETS website. In the quant section, right below data interpretation was "Set members". So in total there are 6 of these, 3 from each section. Are these the statistics/overlapping sets questions? And, what other topics can i expect to be covered among these questions.

I believe you're referring to this report: https://www.ets.org/s/gre/newsletter/20 ... report.pdf
I don't think "set members" is referring to a mathematical topic.

Notice that Data Analysis questions are listed as either discrete or set members.
I believe the discrete questions are those in which you get just ONE question that's based on a certain diagram/chart.
I believe the set member questions are those in which you get MORE THAN ONE question that's based on a certain diagram/chart.

Cheers,
Brent
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GreenlightTestPrep wrote:
asfandiar wrote:
@GreenlightTestPrep

I believe you're referring to this report: https://www.ets.org/s/gre/newsletter/20 ... report.pdf
I don't think "set members" is referring to a mathematical topic.

Notice that Data Analysis questions are listed as either discrete or set members.
I believe the discrete questions are those in which you get just ONE question that's based on a certain diagram/chart.
I believe the set member questions are those in which you get MORE THAN ONE question that's based on a certain diagram/chart.

Cheers,
Brent

Got it. Thanks for clarifying!!
GRE Prep Club Legend
GRE Prep Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 68 [0]
Send PM
Hello from the GRE Prep Club BumpBot!

Thanks to another GRE Prep Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
Prep Club for GRE Bot
[#permalink]
Moderators:
1085 posts
GRE Instructor
218 posts