Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 15:13 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:13

Close

GRE Prep Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GRE score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1965 [0]
GRE 1: Q165 V161
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Send PM
Re: My experience: 320 (162 verbal, 158 math) [#permalink]
Congratulations guys :).
I have a question. what was your experimental section? quant or verbal?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
greMS15 wrote:

I had 3 quants sections. I guess the type of experimental section would depend on the type of program you apply for (you need to specify the program at the test screen menu). If your program is more of math then you will get quant section, but if you study English literature, you'll get verbal one. I wonder what is algorithm for those who omit their program details?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi registoni,
Thank you for the response.
i have another question on data interpretation . my performance in that area is bad and i am not able to manage time for those questions. Any advice would really help .

registoni wrote:
greMS15 wrote:

I had 3 quants sections. I guess the type of experimental section would depend on the type of program you apply for (you need to specify the program at the test screen menu). If your program is more of math then you will get quant section, but if you study English literature, you'll get verbal one. I wonder what is algorithm for those who omit their program details?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
greMS15 wrote:
Hi registoni,
Thank you for the response.
i have another question on data interpretation . my performance in that area is bad and i am not able to manage time for those questions. Any advice would really help .

registoni wrote:
greMS15 wrote:

DI - is indeed time consuming due to mixture of formats, graphics in form of pie-charts, line graphs, bar charts,etc , as well as tabular-table format, and question being in verbal format. It takes time to translate the quesion into compatible format with the graphics.
They always try to confuse you with AMOUNTS vs PERCENTS VS PERCENT CHANGE (sometime they mix amounts with %, e.g. asking to calculate % change in the number of something, but the number is not provided, only given as some % to total population, so you end up first calculating two amounts and then diving them together to get the ratio and ouf that % or % change). You must be sure that you understand the difference between these notions.
Also do some practice with GRE calculator. In many cases you will use it, so make sure you understand how to do calculation in WHAT order most efficiently using memory-in and recall functions. This will save time alot, believe me.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thank you registoni.
This is really a great advice.
Prep Club for GRE Bot
[#permalink]
Moderators:
Retired Moderator