Last visit was: 20 Sep 2024, 06:58 It is currently 20 Sep 2024, 06:58

Close

GRE Prep Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GRE score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 35171 [0]
Given Kudos: 25699
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Verbal Expert
Send PM
Re: MS in CS at age 30 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Well,

your resume looks fine but the best advice I can give you based on my experience is to pick a pool of schools, see the criteria they want and whether they fit with what you wanna do, square all the stuff and see if you can go.

see my post here guides-and-resources-for-a-ph-d-in-business-1007.html

it is for business schools and not for engineer but the info you can find in it; i.e. repositories for papers, how to do a SOP and so on are the same.

Hope this helps.

regards
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks Carcass. The reason I asked this question is that I wanted to know how schools look at the age factor? Is it really uncommon for a person to go for MS at age 30?
Verbal Expert
Send PM
Expert Reply
tarunktuteja wrote:
Thanks Carcass. The reason I asked this question is that I wanted to know how schools look at the age factor? Is it really uncommon for a person to go for MS at age 30?

But the adcom should never have an age bias. Examinig, your application they look what you could bring to the University and program, no more.

As such, your age should not be your real concern.

regards
Intern
Intern
Send PM
what is CS?
Verbal Expert
Send PM
Expert Reply
Computer Science.

Regards
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hi, mee too experienced similar situation. But from what I know, the main problem is to do the GRE and TEOFL tests, in which for non-english speaker, it is quite difficult.
Verbal Expert
Send PM
Expert Reply
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
I think that nowadays the age factor doesn't matter at all. Anyone is able to do anything he wants, and if one decided to change his profession, I think, nothing is impossible. Moreover, if you have some relevant experience, you can get a PhD without even getting MS. The only thing you should improve is your sop for ms in cs, as it matters really a lot while the application process. The best way is to ask a professional writer, who already has phd, to do it for you. In this case, your admission will more definitely be successful.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Dear founder

I have done my bachelors in Electronics in communication engineering a top institute however my scores were not good at the moment in the year 2011.
After this I had fallen sick due to paralysis(bells palsy) and ended up wasting more than a year(2 years to be exact). I had then decided to take up Biomedical Engineering due to the upcoming demand at that time (year 2014) and ended up doing a MTech in Biomedical Engineering(2014-2016). I have gained around 4 years of experience in the medical imaging domain which is related to Biomedical at an MNC in this space(kind of Biotech)(Research work carried out on cancer/different illnesses in terms of capturing imaging data).

Can you please tell me if it would be advisable to try for MS In CS at this age as I am currently 30 years old. I have worked here for these many years and have not found any growth in terms of tech or salary making everything static.I have reached a level 2 in my current job role as the growth via hierarchy process is too slow). I have come to realize that moving out to the CS would be possible only through a MS program.

Please advise if this would be feasible. I have scored around 5.5/10 in BTECH(ECE) and 8.3/10 in MTECH(Biomedical) . My profile is a bit awkward and I am looking for a right answers from the last 1 years as this has been totally disruptive for me.

Any help will be a lot of help and soul saving.

Thanks
Prep Club for GRE Bot
Moderators:
Retired Moderator
6218 posts