Last visit was: 24 Sep 2024, 20:19 It is currently 24 Sep 2024, 20:19

Close

GRE Prep Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GRE score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 11010 [0]
GRE 1: Q167 V156
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 11010 [0]
GRE 1: Q167 V156
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: GRE Admission Related [#permalink]
Expert Reply
shaivyabajpai@gmail.com wrote:
Hi ,

I recently took my GRE exam , I got a total of 300 in my GRE , I am looking for a MS in Business Analytics. Can you suggest if its a good score for universities from U.S. to apply with.

Hi shaivyabajpai

You might find this post useful: http://www.msinus.com/content/ms-business-analytics-mba-business-analytics-universities-usa-1514/..

It is hard to get an exact GRE score cutoff for a program but this might provide some perspective..

Regards
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey Guys,
I am Karl, I graduated as an electrical engineer from Lebanese American University with a GPA of 3.35 , worked for approximately 3 years ( 2 years working in France as a testing engineer at General Electric Platform, then 1 year as a software developer in Lebanon) ... My gre scores were Quant 163(85th percentile) Verbal 145(26th percentile) Analytical writing : 3.5

My aim was to pursue a Financial Engineering masters at Columbia OR NYU .. Should I consider applying with these scores, or will it be a very tough shot ?
Intern
Intern
WE:Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Hello All,@sandy

I am planning to apply for MS-Finance course for Fall-2017 (US)

I am an international student from India. Finished my Engineering Graduate degree in 2010, followed by PGDM in Rural Management from a premier institute in India. I have 3 years exhaustive working experience with Government (central & state-World Bank Project), NGO and non-profit organization in India. Over these years I have been working very closely with Microfinance industry.
Profile Detail:
GRE- 307
TOEFL-110
ENGINEERING %-71% ( graduated top of the class, with honors)
PGDM-RM Grade- 3.4(us equivalent)
Work ex-3yrs; also several previous internships at NGO/ state government and private organization.
Extracurricular- Senior Diploma holder in Music(Indian classical) & painting/ coordinator at school/ college level tech forum/ etc; excellance award at work

I am worried about my GRE score! Especially my quant score which is 154 :cry: . I am really short of time to reappear for the test again and also prep for my application.

Target program:
1.UIUC MSF
2.JOHN Hopkins MSF
3.Uconn MS FRM
4 Texas Austin MSF
5. Simon business school MSF
6. GWU/Tulane

Is there any chance for me to get into these listed programs.
Also with my profile can I get into any better programs like WUSL/Vanderbilt/USC or any other?

It would really great if someone could give feedback..kind of lost with the whole process!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Setting your sights on an Ivy League-level graduate instruction? All things considered, in case you're going for top colleges, GRE scores will have an influence in your acknowledgment. So where do you stand with regards to the best colleges?
GRE scores for top colleges will fluctuate crosswise over projects, however the normal GRE scores by school for these best graduate program could conceivably run between 145-170 on both Verbal and Quantitative, with midpoints in the 160s for the exceptionally top graduate projects. Keep in mind that the Verbal and Quantitative parts of the GRE have a score extend between 130-170, and the normal GRE score for is around 151 for Verbal and 152-153 for Quant.
Intern
Intern
GRE 1: Q165 V147
Send PM
I took my GRE recently

1st Attempt Quant-163/170 Verbal-150/170

2nd attempt Quant -165/170 Verbal- 147/170

I have about 7 years of Experience as an application developer in various financial institutions in Investments & Capital Markets division.

Also I'm a U.S.Army Veteran, and now with the U.S.Army Reserves.

I have a M.S in Computer Science from a State University in the U.S.

I'm trying to get into Masters in Financial Engineering @ Columbia or NYU.

What are my possibilities?

I am taking my GRE again anyways but with the above stats what are my possibilities?
Prep Club for GRE Bot
Moderators:
Retired Moderator
6218 posts