Last visit was: 01 Jul 2024, 03:24 It is currently 01 Jul 2024, 03:24

Close

GRE Prep Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GRE score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 515 [0]
Given Kudos: 259
GRE 1: Q165 V170
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 515 [0]
Given Kudos: 259
GRE 1: Q165 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Questions for those who have used Manhattan Prep 8 book set [#permalink]
bb wrote:
Good you are staying healthy and working out! That will help with the studies as well (something I sacrificed and ignored in my prep and I feel it cost me)

Back to your question, usually it takes about 2 months to cover the 8 books, so going through them in 5 weeks is VERY fast. The girl in the video looked barely 18 so my guess she may be a senior or junior in college with some time on her hands available for studying. She also probably has a mind of an 18-year old that absorbs information much faster than that of a working professional, so you have to make adjustments for that.

I worked long hours during my prep so i studied in the morning before work and then wrote up flashcards/notes/vocab that I used to study during the commute and while I had downtime - you can do that on paper or on your phone (using the Flashcards by NKO app - it is free). I did not have the time to study in the evening and frankly, i felt it was a really poor time for studying, so I did some review at night and just read lots of fiction/books to prep for the Reading, logic, grammar, and vocab. It took me close to 3.5 months to get through Quant and Verbal.

Good Luck!

How long does it take to get through one of the books? Is it possible to through one in a weekend?
Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 33881 [0]
Given Kudos: 25439
Send PM
Re: Questions for those who have used Manhattan Prep 8 book set [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Could be if you run through like a hell.

regards
Prep Club for GRE Bot
[#permalink]
Moderators:
GRE Instructor
38 posts
GRE Forum Moderator
10 posts
Verbal Expert
29020 posts