Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 09:21 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:21

Close

GRE Prep Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GRE score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1965 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GRE 1: Q165 V161
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1965 [0]
GRE 1: Q165 V161
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Shreyas[ Score: 325 (166Q, 159V)] [#permalink]
Hi Soumya,

Really thanks for your insight and time. As you have mentioned to evaluate my-self first, and yes i'll surely do that(Thanks to you). But may I ask what else you would recommend be it in the terms of books etc. Which books should I invest my time and money in to probably reach the score of 320, As I have planned to take the test in June first week this year.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
nice :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Soumya,

This is Chandan again. Its around 40 days since I have been preparing. I have been giving time everyday for practice. And I have improved a lot thanks to your help earlier. Especially in Maths I am doing as expected(Every Indian does). But I need your advice regarding the Verbal section. As I told you I been preparing for last 40 days now, I have no doubt improved in the verbal since I started out. My main concern here is that I have a target score of at least 155+ in verbal section that I hope to achieve. And right now it seems unlikely . I have been learning new words and doing Verbal from Magoosh and other sources as frequently as possible, but it doesn't seem to work. I am stuck at a level in Verbal and I am not able to break out of it.

Suppose 30 days ago I correctly answered 4 out of 10 Questions. And let's say now after working on it I can correcly answer 6 out of 10(not consistent). Yes, doing verbal regularly has improved my comprehensive skills and I have learned a chunk of new words and yes that helps a lot. But at the end I oftenly get stuck at the wrong answer. I don't know how to cross that barrier. Can you suggest me any technique, new book etc, anything that will help me here. (Except Magoosh)

Please I really need some good guidance . Frustration is taking over me.

I still have around 50 days for the exam. I am almost done with the Quant section. I want to dedicate the time left to Verbal, can you help me here and suggest me something.

Thanks,
Chandan810
Prep Club for GRE Bot
[#permalink]
Moderators:
Retired Moderator
6218 posts