Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:32 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:32

Close

GRE Prep Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GRE score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 33111 [12]
Given Kudos: 25173
Send PM
Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 33111 [1]
Send PM
Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 33111 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 137
Send PM
Re: In the current economic climate, it has become (i)___________to posit [#permalink]
why not 'vital' for the first blank?

Posted from my mobile device
Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 33111 [2]
Send PM
Re: In the current economic climate, it has become (i)___________to posit [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Often is good to rearrange the question to have a full grasp and not pitfalls

In the current economic climate, it has become (i)___________to posit that savvy job-seekers ought to establish at least a year’s worth of experience at any given position, so as to demonstrate their

To demonstrate something (second blank) , right now, it has become wise for those people who want to work a year of experience. And this is Savvy = wise

Now, for something of being wise means that I need something to add to what I have already had. I.E during the pandemic is wise to put apart, I do not know, medicine. Just in case of scarcity.

To put aside, because wise, means that at least a certain amount of medicine I have already. And I want to add more of them to stay safe. Therefore, it is wise to do so, eventually.

So vital is out because means essential. But I want something to add to something I have. Essential + more (our wise) = reservoir

Problematic is out of scope

The answer is popular. It is popular, because is also wise, to add a year of experience

Hope this helps

regards
GRE Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 1360 [2]
Given Kudos: 24
Send PM
In the current economic climate, it has become (i)___________to posit [#permalink]
In the current economic climate, it has become (i)___________to posit that savvy job-seekers ought to establish at least a year’s worth of experience at any given position, so as to demonstrate their (ii)___________to future employers. Indeed, those who make this suggestion often quote each other in the media in what essentially amount to congratulatory, self-serving articles. Yet these so-called (iii)___________often betray their lack of expertise by then suggesting the omission of jobs that do last less than one year from a job-seeker’s resume.

The sentence fragments:

job-seekers ought to establish at least a year’s worth of experience at any given position, so as to demonstrate their (ii)___________to future employers.

Clearly it has to be steadfastness and not vigor, definitely not perversity!

The following sentence fragment:

Indeed, those who make this suggestion often quote each other in the media in what essentially amount to congratulatory, self-serving articles.

make it clear that the word for the first blank should be popular.

And the following sentence fragment:

Yet these so-called (iii)___________often betray their lack of expertise by then suggesting the omission of jobs that do last less than one year from a job-seeker’s resume.

Clearly, the choice is pundits.
Prep Club for GRE Bot
[#permalink]
Moderators:
GRE Instructor
218 posts
GRE Instructor
1029 posts