Last visit was: 07 May 2024, 17:08 It is currently 07 May 2024, 17:08

Close

GRE Prep Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GRE score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 33242 [1]
Given Kudos: 25199
Send PM
Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 33242 [0]
Given Kudos: 25199
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Please rate my Issue essay [#permalink]
Thank you for reviewing my essay.

I have revised my response: [For future review, please rate my revised response below]

Requiring all parents to volunteer at their children’s schools is impractical and unnecessary. Some parents like single moms do not have spare time to volunteer. Managing schedules for all parents to participate in school activities will put a strain on administration staff. Thus, I partially agree with this recommendation.

Parents’ volunteering at their children’s school results in a number of positive effects. First, schools can save resources on hiring staff. For instance, 50 parents volunteered to supervise a prom; as a result, the school was able to save money on hiring securities. Second, the quality of school environment will improve. Mary, a nutritionist volunteered at her son’s school cafeteria, noticed a lack of vegetables and fruits. Collaborating with the school principal, Mary helped pass a registration increasing the quantity and frequency of vegetables. Volunteering at her son’s school cafeteria and using her expertise as a nutritionist, Mary improved the quality of diet for her son’s school.

Despite clear benefits of volunteering, requiring all parents will put a significant burden on some households. Jack, a single dad of three children, recently lost his wife to breast cancer. Now, Jack is a sole provider for his children; thus, he has two jobs. From nine to five, he works as an account and from eight to midnight he works as an uber driver. Since Jack has three children, if he volunteers at all three different schools, his income as a driver will seriously diminish.

Moreover, a substantial logistic burden will be placed on school administrative department. America middle school has 500 students and 800 parents. Managing all 800 parents to volunteer will be extremely challenging in terms of scheduling and providing appropriate guidelines. For some event, too many volunteering parents could cause chaos instead of order.

The American education system has benefited largely from free volunteers. However, requiring this policy to all parents is excessive. Therefore, volunteering should be optional and open to parents who have both spear time and desire to do so.
Prep Club for GRE Bot
[#permalink]
Moderators:
GRE Instructor
218 posts
GRE Instructor
1032 posts