Last visit was: 04 May 2024, 10:03 It is currently 04 May 2024, 10:03

Close

GRE Prep Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GRE score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 33220 [0]
Given Kudos: 25190
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 33220 [0]
Given Kudos: 25190
Send PM
Re: First time writing issue essay. Please help me. Thanks [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Well, the main problem you stick is not the brainstorming per se: 5 minutes rather than 3 minutes or else.

I think the real problem is that you are not able to create in your mind a clear idea how to attack the argument itself. I.E. what to jot down. This could depend in a more general way of a lack of knowledge of the world outside.

Reading more books or article on the internet, certainly, comes in handy.

Aside from this, it is not so much important what is your opinion. ETS does not really care. They care you write in a proper language, good vocabulary terms and follow the template that for instance, I proposed writing the guide.

The template helps you to show a coherent writing without being pithy.

There is NOT an easy shortcut to writing well: it is the result of your skills, your knowledge, how much you write on a daily basis and so on....

Hope this helps. I am confident if you study hard and smart you can do it.

regards
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Maybe just buy it. Read reviews like this - https://paidpaper.net/review-of-essaybox/ , and choose the most suitable for your needs service on essay writing. Frankly, I don't understand why now spend time studying the material, writing an essay, if you can just buy it? In my experience, most written works are not read by teachers from beginning to end. And students forget about what they wrote immediately after receiving the assessment. So as for me, don't waste time on essays.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Quote:
This is my first time writing an issue essay. After writing this essay, I found out that I am not able to write a good piece of issue essay as I do not know what to brainstorm. Do rebuke my essay. Appreciate your kindness.

Thank you.

This is the issue prompt:
The surest indicator of a great nation is represented not by the achievements of its rulers, artists, or scientists, but by the general welfare of its people.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape
your position.

This is my response:
A great nation is generally defined as the country success in various fields such as science, arts and economy. However, a great nation does not just involved the success of its government, artist or scientist but it is the general welfare of its people.

People lives in harmony and peaceful are the essence of becoming a great nation. Despite the success of the country in various aspects such as science, arts, governance, if people are not living in peace and harmony, this may greatly affects their general walfare. For instance, if the country is in the state of upheavel due to demonstration and fighting amongst different races, this can cause issues to the country. Hence, it is essential to protect the well-being of the denizens in order to become a great nation.

On the other hand, a great nation can be represented by the achievements of its governors. If a country does not have a good governance, whereby corruption and graft happened widespread, the country would not become a successful nation. Take as an example, if a minister practices nepotism, treating the people unfairly, will the country become a successful nation? Will people be able to live happily? Surely, it is not the case. Not only this, the bad image of government will be tarnished and this would not indicate that the country is a great nation.

As a conclusion, to determine whether a nation is great and strong, there are various factors that should be taking into considerations and general wellfare is certainly not the surest or the sole indicator in becoming a successful nation.

That's too short, I think. My first experience in writing essays was something like yours. But I didn't have much time for studying ways of writing essays, so I just bought my first one: lol: Yeah, I know this is bad, but I needed it real quick. I bought it from http://essaystudio.org/. This was a high quality essay. I even learned something from it. The structure, for example. After that I started to do it on my own. You just need a good plan before you start writing. And more different information. Don't use just your opinion. Take a look for some expert opinion. And the quotes. Use them too.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
I could not write an essay myself
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Recently, I also had problems writing an essay. But I managed to find wells fargo essay examples thanks to this information and the help of bookwormlab professionals, I was able to improve my grades
Prep Club for GRE Bot
[#permalink]
Moderators:
GRE Instructor
218 posts
GRE Instructor
1032 posts