Last visit was: 05 Jul 2024, 04:37 It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 04:37

Close

GRE Prep Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GRE score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1983 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GRE 1: Q165 V161
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: How to get 6.0 in AWA in GMAT & GRE [#permalink]
some more points about issue ..........

The Medicis, a powerful banking family of Renaissance Italy,
supported artists Michelangelo and Raphael. During the 20th Century the primary source of
cultural support were private foundations established by industrial magnates Carnegie, Mellon,
Rockefeller and Getty. And tomorrow cultural support will come from our new technology and
media moguls----including the likes of Ted Turner and Bill Gates.

A telling example of
the inherent danger of setting and enforcing official research priorities involves the Soviet
government's attempts during the 1920s to not only control the direction and the goals of its
scientists' research but also to distort the outcome of that research---ostensibly for the greatest
good of the greatest number of people. Not surprisingly, during this time period no significant
scientific advances occurred under the auspices of the Soviet government.

Atlantic Ocean, the French Canadians stubbornly insist on French

music
industry, where originality, artistic interpretation, and technical proficiency have yielded almost
entirely to sex appeal

Query whether
Presidents Lincoln, Taft, or even F.D.R. would be elected today if pitted against the handsome
leading man Reagan, or the suave and poliricaUy correct Clinton. After all, Lincoln was homely,
Taft was obese, and F.D.R. was crippled.

it was television that elected J.F.K. over Nixon

One apt illustration of this
point involves the so-called "Star Wars" defense initiative, championed by the Reagan
administration during the 1980s
forth. As it turns out, at the end of the Star Wars debacle we
were left with rampant gang violence, an AIDS epidemic, and an unprecedented federal
budget deficit.

20th Century's most influential painters: Picasso, Dali and Pollock. Picasso's style underwent a
series of radical changes throughout his career. Was the reason for Picasso's diverse
"periods" a quick series of radical changes in society's ideas and impulses, or perhaps a
reflection of society's hidden impulse for constant change? Or did Picasso's varied styles
merely reflect the complex psychological profile of one eccentric artist? Dali is known for his
surrealistic images; but do these images reveal some kind of existential angst on a societal
level, or just the odd aesthetic vision of one man? Pollock's penchant was for dripping paint on
the floor in order to create abstract images that would have the sort of visceral impact he was
after. In fact, Pollock turned to this technique only after he tried but failed as a conventional
painter, using brush and easel. So are Pollock's striking abstract murals a reflection of some
mid-20th Century societal impulse, or merely the result of one struggling artist stumbling onto
something he was good at? In all three cases, it seems that the art reflected the artist but not
the society.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Hello,

I have a question for you all - I was always under the impression that we need to keep the off-topic references to companies and individuals to a minimum. However, I see that here all such essays with references have gopt better scores. Can some one please tell me if its ok to reference with global examples?

What if I use examples from my country - is that a negative?

Thanks,

aimtoteach
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 142 [0]
Send PM
#aimtoteach, you have to just add suitable examples, but you have to remember that you are mentioning only true examples instead of fakes.........
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Hi!

Thank you for your tips about essay! Could you, please, write how many time did you spend for preparation for GRE AWA essay? How many arguments should I write in argumented essay in order to receive 6 score? Should I write about all arguments? Did you use help of tutor or courses?

Thank you!
Prep Club for GRE Bot
[#permalink]
Moderators:
GRE Forum Moderator
16 posts
GRE Instructor
218 posts
GRE Instructor
1036 posts