Last visit was: 16 Jun 2024, 23:47 It is currently 16 Jun 2024, 23:47

Close

GRE Prep Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GRE score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 839 [1]
Given Kudos: 194
GRE 1: Q167 V156
GPA: 4
WE:Analyst (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Affiliations: Prepster Education
Own Kudos [?]: 2993 [0]
Given Kudos: 172
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Re: Does GRE depend upon the center and the major subjects [#permalink]
sabin wrote:
I am thinking for a while because someone mentioned that they have gotten perfect score in Gre. As I recently appeared, I found the quant was very hard to solve. I wrote all these hard problems and gave that to my friend to solve and we were both startled. I am from physics background and my major is condensed matter. I remembered 20 of the quant problems (except the simple one), which need more time to solve, even though I have strategies. I got 155 in verbal. I don't know how people score perfect in quant. Perhaps, Gre is related with majors and test centres as well as date of the test. I know I got 20 correct in experiment quant as I finished that in 20 minutes, and I got 150 in quant in total.

I am good in calculus, algebra and other math problems (from my previous college exams). However, the Gre just made me feel I am nothing. I think, there must be some serious problems within the Gre or Gre is not asking, specifically the quant problems, similar to the guide books. Gre is non-profit company, but I feel that Gre is playing a gambit for the profit. I always respect the policy of University to have selection criteria so that there is equality of admission. But..

Posted from my mobile device

I have taught over 1500 students for GRE exam till date. Keep in mind that GRE loves to play with your mind and tests your patience. You really have to be at your best while you are appearing for it.

Being from math background would definitely help you to grasp the concepts, but then everything comes down to how much effort and hard work you have put in. There are plenty of students from non-math background (English Hons. and Humanities to be specific) that I have taught, and they ended up scoring more on their Quant Section than the Verbal Section.

Just keep practicing, try different questions (relevant of-course), apply shortcuts and tricks, and most importantly keep track of your time.

I trick that I want to share: Don't read the explanations without actually trying the questions again, if you get them wrong on the first place Re-do them. Think what else can be done or where are you wrong? That will help you a lot on your exam.

Don't get disheartened, All the best for your next attempt. I hope you will succeed in surpassing your desired score.
Prep Club for GRE Bot
[#permalink]
Moderators:
Retired Moderator
6218 posts
1088 posts
Retired Moderator
187 posts
Retired Moderator
348 posts
Retired Moderator
160 posts