Last visit was: 25 Oct 2024, 13:28 It is currently 25 Oct 2024, 13:28

Close

GRE Prep Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GRE score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 35932 [0]
Given Kudos: 25876
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Verbal Expert
Send PM
Re: GRE Strategy [#permalink]
Expert Reply
1. Do I need to revise the wrong questions from the diagnostic test?

You MUST review every single wrong question. every question. you learn from your mistakes. you learn way more from the wrong ones and why they are wrong or when you picked up wrong using a different approach and refine your way of thinking

2. How to understand why error was made in verbal section (except careless errors)? What criteria should be used?

This is a tough question. one way is when you pick up a wrong verbal question and then realize " oh yes was so obvious the word to insert or the answer to RC". At that point you should see why you got in the wrong path. Maybe a contrast word you overlooked, or a comma, or a colon. Looking also for the whole meaning. Before to jump into the official explanation of the question try to figure out the unfolding of the sentence or passage itself and why this leads you to the right choice.

3. How to determine what is the best habit to develop to address certain issues?

I believe the best strategy is to keep track of everything. or almost. take notes for example on a problem and which steps to follow to solve it. try to develop a strategy that is good for every type of that questions: for example in TC when you have a colon the sentence that comes after it always reinforce what come before, in the first part. This is a way to solve the issue of contrast words in the blank. In this kind of scenario for example if you have one blank in the first part and the second in the second part of the sentence or whatever they are positioned the two words must agree

4. How to keep track of mental process for verbal questions? (It is used as one of the advice to keep track of verbal errors. )

Develope your own map taking notes or jot down them
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 5895 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi tkorzhan,

Although I cannot give you an exact day-to-day study plan, I have some general advice for you on how to move forward with your prep.

Regarding improving your GRE skills, my biggest piece of advice is to ensure you are studying topically. In other words, be sure to focus on just ONE quant or verbal topic at a time and practice just that topic until you achieve mastery. If you can study that way, you will start seeing incremental improvement.

For example, let's say you are studying Number Properties. First, you'll need to learn all you can about that topic, and then practice only Number Property questions. After each problem set, thoroughly analyze your incorrect questions. For example, ask yourself why if you got a remainder question wrong. Did you make a careless mistake? Did you not properly apply the remainder formula? Was there a concept you did not understand in the question?

By carefully analyzing your mistakes, you will be able to fix your weaknesses efficiently and, in turn, improve your GRE quant skills. Number Properties is just one example; follow this process for all quant and verbal topics.

For some more tips on the best way to structure your studying, here is a great article:

The Best Way to Study for the GRE: 7 Strategies for Success

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Carcass, can you please provide feedback on my error log? Am I going in the right direction?
I also don't want to make it inefficient and track of unnecessary details.
Verbal Expert
Send PM
Expert Reply
sure send me via private message
Intern
Intern
Send PM
It says I should be a member for at least 10 days before I can any attachments. What is an alternative way to send it?
Verbal Expert
Send PM
Expert Reply
I do not have unfortunatly. I am not be able to bypass that . sorry. It is something independently. from my will
Prep Club for GRE Bot
Moderators:
GRE Instructor
77 posts
GRE Forum Moderator
37 posts
Verbal Expert
29803 posts