Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 17:10 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 17:10

Close

GRE Prep Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GRE score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Tags :

Show Tags
Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 33099 [0]
Given Kudos: 25173
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Verbal Expert
Send PM
Re: GRE Also After GMAT [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Look at here http://gmatclub.com/forum/proportion-of ... 20765.html

It is not complete and after that, we will post here on the main GRE board.

Yes the sources you cited are good enough

For Ph.D in BS look also here my post guides-and-resources-for-a-ph-d-in-business-1007.html

Regards
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [0]
Send PM
StellarBuddy wrote:
I have scored 700+ 3 times in GMAT. I have always score Q51 in GMAT. I also wish to give GRE. I am planning to Buy a Magoosh course. I am targeting a minimum score of V160 and Q170. I recently have heard that GRE is not that much verbose as it used to be previously.

Can I hit the exam in 30-45 days If I mug up 1000 words provided by Magoosh. Please advice me over similarities between GRE and GMAT and what section of my GMAT preparation will be useful for my GRE Verbal Journey.

I wrote my GMAT back in 2009 for doing my MBA, and now preparing for GRE exams for joining a part time MS program. So these are my views regarding both the exams

Quant is bit harder in GMAT as compared to GRE. You having got Q51 in GMAT, should ace GRE quant with ease.

As on GRE verbal, RC is similar in both tests though I feel it is bit tougher in GRE. Then you have Text completion and sentence equivalence which are not in GMAT exams. They test your vocabulary in a context, so mugging up word list might not help that much. Understanding how to use a word will get you good score. Yes, 30-45 days is more than enough for someone who has got 700+ in GMAT.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rapsjade wrote:
StellarBuddy wrote:
I have scored 700+ 3 times in GMAT. I have always score Q51 in GMAT. I also wish to give GRE. I am planning to Buy a Magoosh course. I am targeting a minimum score of V160 and Q170. I recently have heard that GRE is not that much verbose as it used to be previously.

Can I hit the exam in 30-45 days If I mug up 1000 words provided by Magoosh. Please advice me over similarities between GRE and GMAT and what section of my GMAT preparation will be useful for my GRE Verbal Journey.

I wrote my GMAT back in 2009 for doing my MBA, and now preparing for GRE exams for joining a part time MS program. So these are my views regarding both the exams

Quant is bit harder in GMAT as compared to GRE. You having got Q51 in GMAT, should ace GRE quant with ease.

As on GRE verbal, RC is similar in both tests though I feel it is bit tougher in GRE. Then you have Text completion and sentence equivalence which are not in GMAT exams. They test your vocabulary in a context, so mugging up word list might not help that much. Understanding how to use a word will get you good score. Yes, 30-45 days is more than enough for someone who has got 700+ in GMAT.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Send PM
Carcass wrote:
Hi, and welcome to GREPrepClub

Well, going straight to point: your quant GMAT percentile is quite good and this is a strong point for the GRE quant. More or less the necessary skills for the GRE are similar to the GMAT's skills.

As for Verbal is a bit different: you need logic but also a lot of terms to know. Maybe, the most similar section between the tests is RC. The rest is quite different in terms of approach and strategy.

Follow us here to improve your skills, in particular in Verbal.

Also, you can take our free CAT test. You can find it following my signature.

Hope this helps

Regards

Hi @Carcass,

Anong Cracking GRE from Princeton, GRE Prep (or Premier) from Kaplan, Manhattan Set, and Barron's GRE, which one that you consider the best verbal material?
Verbal Expert
Send PM
Expert Reply
MGRE first choice, for sure.

https://gre.myprepclub.com/forum/greprepcl ... -3523.html

https://gre.myprepclub.com/forum/greprepcl ... -3488.html

Kaplan as following.

Hope this helps.

Ask for further assistance.