Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 09:17 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:17

Close

GRE Prep Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GRE score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 138 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 33116 [0]
Given Kudos: 25175
Send PM
Re: GRE at home Q167 V156 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
The score is competitive.

You could retake, though
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yes. I've been thinking of retaking.

Thanks for posting the question bank. It was mostly questions posted by you and Sandy.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Hi All. Have you received any email since the test? I did not receive anything post-test? Is the process like that? Should we just wait?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
indonesia96 wrote:
Hi All. Have you received any email since the test? I did not receive anything post-test? Is the process like that? Should we just wait?

Same here. Nothing has been received. I spoke with ETS customer care agent, she said the next communication will be of the score in 10-15 days. So I guess, we should just wait.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
anewbie wrote:
My background:

I'm 32, with a sales job and over 10 years of experience. I've attempted GMAT thrice. Never scored above 600 but to be really honest, I'd not studied for those attempts as much as I did for this GRE attempt. I switched to GRE when my country went into a lockdown phase shutting the exam centers and GRE at home was the option available.

My total study period was not over 30 days.

For quant I used the Manhattan 8 guides and the 5lb book and solved almost all quant problems in this month. I used up all problems in the official guides.

For verbal, I did 333 Barron high frequency words l. Magoosh 1000 words. Attempted the official guide questions and greprepclub question bank for more questions.

I took 4 mock tests

Kaplan: could not finish due to an issue scored 291
Prep1: Q167 V151
MGRE: Q162 V153
Prep2: Q161 V150

After these test i further worked on my weak areas and signed up for the at home test.

I had scheduled a night 10pm test and logged in at 945pm. The link they provided does not activate earlier. But I went early to finish all testing of my system and make sure everything at my end was smooth.

Once the session starts they perform the test again. I had multiple issues. But ProctorU helped out and session started in 20mins of total time.

Testing experience was smooth. No lags at all. The proctor barely disturbs you. For me it was almost the same as if I was giving the mock test.

A few things I would like to mention ( I wasn't aware of these things and would have liked to know these in advance):

It's good to have the institution codes in hand. I didn't know this. GMAT has a searchable list and the GRE system throws you off.

The unofficial score is not provided in any other form but just displayed on the screen. So you'll have to wait for the official score to get a copy. I was actually hoping they would give a pdf copy of these scores but apparently that is not followed.

(This has been posted from my phone)

Hello! Fellow test taker here... wanted to ask how you were able to complete everything in less than a month? That's amazing! As someone who is working long hours as well, seems like I'm having a hard time balancing both (working >12 hours a day...) so I usually try to recover and study a lot on weekends as my brain's mentally fried after work on weekdays (so I get to study about 2 hours). Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi! I'm replying to you late on a Sunday because I was working today also. Simply put. I get it. It gets very tiring after all the long tiring work day and all that stress. One of the primary reasons I chose to do it in a 30 day window is that I could finish it and resume working without distraction. My suggestion here would be make a schedule for 2 hours daily and 6 hours for each day of the weekend and push through it. Do not punish yourself when you are unable to do as much as you planned but do not devote those hours to other things. In the little free time you get solve questions through the day solve questions randomly. I had solved some 100 odd questions from greprepclub itself and had a few apps on my phone also.

Most important tip stay motivated. Always keep thinking of the goal you have in mind.

Prep Club for GRE Bot
[#permalink]
Moderators:
Retired Moderator
6218 posts