Last visit was: 05 May 2024, 00:08 It is currently 05 May 2024, 00:08

Close

GRE Prep Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GRE score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: AB, cum laude, Harvard University
Own Kudos [?]: 159 [0]
GRE 1: Q168 V169
Send PM
Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 33222 [0]
Given Kudos: 25191
Send PM
Re: GRE DEBRIEF [#permalink]
Expert Reply
gre99 wrote:
didn't receive a single reply....wht am i supposed to assume about this forum?

A board in which you have millions of people but does not give you the following

• not well organized
  • not a decent debrief or insight about the OGs
  • not almost countless question bank for free. (only the vault project has until now almost 300 questions on the mid/upper level) and more on the way
  • not a good, robust, reliable test for FREE
  • strong FAQ about and around the exam

I do really think is much useless.

Only because the board has not huge numbers in terms of traffic, that does not mean it is worthless. People are important to build up a community. But More important are the contents, people will follow. For Sure.

regards
Intern
Intern
Send PM
skypetutor wrote:
GRE Prep Club is still in its infancy compared to GMAT Club. It's a good resource, but there are simply not enough users on here yet.

I've taken the GRE 4 times (most recent test: May 2017). I can't discuss specific questions, but feel free to give me a call and we can chat for free.

You can also check out https://www.reddit.com/r/GRE/.

hi
please send me ur mail id
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
I am new member. I like this website very much
Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 33222 [0]
Given Kudos: 25191
Send PM
Expert Reply
You are very welcome to our board.

Ask based on your necessity.

Regards
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
For all my practice tests, I started with the 2 required essays. I feel that it was very important because it takes 1 hour to write them and I definitely felt more tired than I would have been if I hadn't written the essays. Also, on the practice tests, I did not take any breaks and took my tests whenever I had time, so at times I was actually tired and not in the best shape. On the actual exam, I did take almost full breaks after essays and after math. During the breaks, I drank some water and ate part of an apple.

I took my first practice test without any preparation just to see where I stand. Since I have a full time job, I could study only about 10 hrs a week, including the 3+ hour practice exam.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
I spent months on gmat club and took the gmat. now i am taking the gre again and new to gre prep club. so far i am finding it excellent and it is basically my go to resource after the ETS materials.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
GRE – 328 in 2 months. Elated and happy to help. [#permalink]
Hi Everyone,
I recently took the GRE on 22nd June and scored a 328(Q169 V159). I started preparing exactly two months ago( on 21st April). I was aiming for a 330+ score but I guess I did well to score 328. My agenda of writing this note is a deeply heartfelt note for all those trying to make it through these tough times and prepare for GRE with no single source of getting sufficient advice/help. So here is what I have to offer:
1) Having achieved a modestly good score ( irony eh? ?), I want to help others by guiding them anyhow on the nuances of the GRE( I have researched a lot about the test based on the content present online and my experience of the real deal is different from the public sentiment). Also, the guidance is FREE ?
2) I also want to share the resources that I used for my preparation. Please hit me up if you want any of the material that I used for my preparation(it is FREE ?)
3) I took a Magoosh subscription for 6 months and want to give it out to anyone who wants to use Magoosh for his/her preparation. The subscription is just 2 months old (THIS IS AVAILABLE FOR A DIRT CHEAP PRICE ?). DM me for more details.
TRIVIA ALERT: I cannot stress enough how important the official stuff is for the GRE preparation.
I want to take this opportunity to thank those people/companies that helped me reach the score that I have received. Here is a list of those folks:
1) Magoosh: I would like to thank Magoosh immensely for helping me with my preparation. I took the 6-month plan as I did not know where to start. Magoosh has a very good bunch of Quant & verbal theory videos. The Quant practice is A1 and verbal is something that will give you a foundation. The difficult vocabulary they have is something that one needs to accomplish. +1 on the Magoosh flashcards for vocabulary. I completed the section of Basic, Intermediate and Advanced words on the course. Hence it is essential to cover as much of the free stuff that Magoosh has to offer as possible. Thanks, Magoosh.
2) Manhattan GRE: I subscribed to Manhattan GRE word of the day and completed their 140 rough counts of words in the playlist available, all very useful. Also, I took the Manhattan GRE practice test and scored decently on that, although the official stuff is the real deal. Thus, it is imperative to cover their vocabulary. Thanks, Manhattan.
3) The Tested Tutor: This guy is doing some amazing stuff with the content that he uploads on YouTube ( mind you he is 340 scorer ?). His vocabulary exercises are awesome. Just do those along with him and you will get a hang of the vocabulary necessary. Thank you The Tested Tutor.
4) GreGmat: I discovered this gem quite late in the game but I managed to make the most of whatever I could in the advanced stages of my preparation. His toolkit for solving Sentence Equivalence and Text Completion are ingenious ways to expedite verbal with accuracy ( He is also a 339 scorer ?). Thank you GreGmat for your content on YouTube.
5) The Reddit community: I just can’t thank enough the Reddit community that has helped me on various stages of my preparation. The people out there are really helpful (Scott_TargetTestPrep deserves a special mention). Also, a lot of free content is available there. Do join the communities on Reddit.
6) PowerPrep and other official stuff: The holy grail to any standardized test should be its official material, and it is the case in GRE as well. Everyone needs to take the official free PowerPrep Practice Tests keeping the following things in mind:
· PP test 1 is easier than the actual test and PP test 2.
· PP Plus tests should be taken once you have reached the last stage of your preparation. For the uninitiated, the PowerPrep Plus tests are the additional tests that one needs to buy.
· Use the PP tests very judicially are they are gold mines and you would not want to squander them for petulance.
7) GRECLUB and Facebook GRE Clubs: Here is a link to the free content that one can leverage in case extra practice is needed. GRECLUB has a decently good question bank that can be used to filter out OFFICIAL and standard GRE content.
Also, different groups on Facebook are useful to get insights from peers/experts around the world.
These are the things that I did along with unrelenting hard of long 8 hours of study every day ( apart from a few in between… hehe). I hope you find this helpful and if anyone has any concerns/doubts or needs advice/material to study, I can help them with a study plan.
Answers to some commonly asked questions:-
Q) PRACTICE! PRACTICE! PRACTICE! – but what?
A) Quality stuff only. Official material is the way to go, along with Magoosh and Manhattan to a great degree.
Q) If I do the above mentioned, will I attain the score I am aiming for?
A) Mostly yes. This is a nebulous thing to answer as it depends on your target score and the amount of work you put in. But yes, this can boost your score very rapidly.
Q) There is a lot of content to consume out there? Is there a way to cover up the content with celerity?
A) Yes. I had a knack for watching videos at 1.5x to 1.75x since my early days and also was able to skip the parts that were redundant for my preparation. Hence, it is important to be a smart learner and to know what you need.
Q) Is this debrief verbal heavy?
Yes.
Prep Club for GRE Bot
[#permalink]
Moderators:
Retired Moderator
6218 posts