Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 21:00 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 21:00

Close

GRE Prep Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GRE score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 33099 [0]
Given Kudos: 25173
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 33099 [0]
Given Kudos: 25173
Send PM
Re: GRE Experiences [#permalink]
Expert Reply
All the GRE official books are in this post https://gre.myprepclub.com/forum/the-offic ... tml#p14533

Regards
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
Re: GRE Experiences [#permalink]
Hey, first of all, I am glad that you've decided to not settle for a score that doesn't reflect your true potential. I've taken the test thrice, and scored a 320 (first attempt), 312 (second attempt), and a 325 (third attempt), with a gap of two months between each test. I might take the test again for a 330+, since I am much better prepared now.

The one major tip I can share with you is that time management is of the essence, and you can master time management through complete mock tests only. Sit for the designated amount of time (including the AWA) and keep a track of the clock. Assign no more than a minute per question for the Verbal Reasoning section, and about a maximum of 1.5 minutes for the QR section.

I see your QA scores suffer, so give yourself time before the next attempt to master:

1. Algebra (Inequalities, Modulus, Quadratic equations)
2. Arithmetic (Time and Work, Time Speed and Distance, Ratios and Percentages)
3. Statistics (Mean, Median, Standard Deviation, Normal Distribution)
4. Geometry (basics of triangles, circles, and polygons, 3-D and 2-D mensuration)
5. Modern Mathematics (Set Theory, P&C, Probability)
6. Integers (Remainders, HCF, LCM, Divisibility rules, etc.)

1,2,3,4, and 6 are very important. You'll also need to push your Verbal scores to about 164-164, so practice a lot of RCs and learn complex words from Merriam Webster, Magoosh's Flashcards, and the Economist's GRE Flashcards.

Take about 4 more mock tests (at least 2 of those need to be the official ETS mocks) and evaluate them thoroughly. Space the 4 tests out in such a manner that your last mock test should be taken about 3 days prior to your exam.

Mock scores may not always be good, and they do not reflect your true potential. I scored a 312 in my previous attempt and also in the last mock test I took before my latest attempt (Manhattan). I ended up with a 163 (VA) and 162 (QA) after a 156 (VA) and 156 (QA).

Also, GRE is very unpredictable, in that the difficulty varies significantly after each attempt. So, be quick to assess the difficulty of the paper, DO NOT LEAVE OUT ANY QUESTION, and ensure that you aren't stuck on any question. Never ego-solve questions.

Also, try to get about 18-20 questions right each in the first two sections, and about 15-16 in the next two sections (each). That'll ensure a brilliant score of 323+.
Prep Club for GRE Bot
[#permalink]
Moderators:
Retired Moderator
6218 posts