Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 05:28 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 05:28

Close

GRE Prep Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GRE score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Tags :

Show Tags
Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 2118 [0]
Given Kudos: 140
GRE 1: Q168 V157

GRE 2: Q167 V161
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 2118 [1]
Given Kudos: 140
GRE 1: Q168 V157

GRE 2: Q167 V161
Send PM
Re: Manhattan Mock Test RC Question: I have no idea what it means stilll [#permalink]
Tagging the legend Carcass

Need your help!
Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 33104 [0]
Given Kudos: 25173
Send PM
Re: Manhattan Mock Test RC Question: I have no idea what it means stilll [#permalink]
Expert Reply
In the 2nd there is the example of the black box when we try to set a process in which , in the end, the computer is similar to humans. machine-learning basically is the origin of what we have now: artificial intelligence

Turing replied that people involved would not think to the black box as a caveat of the first experiment.

In the 3rd however there a counter-response to the black box is inadequate: in the end, a machine could learn a similar process of learning that humans have when learning a language.

words + words

phrase + phrase

then you can create more new sentences piling up the words and sentences you already know. In a sort of mixing escalation

Hope this helps
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks, maybe I still do not understand the 2nd paragraph. How does it show that this human running a machine that handles chinese mean it is human? I think its this example that is confusing?
Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 33104 [1]
Given Kudos: 25173
Send PM
Expert Reply
Attachment:
screenshot.751.jpg
screenshot.751.jpg [ 126.16 KiB | Viewed 1354 times ]

Above is the black-box objection by Alan Turing

https://debategraph.org/Details.aspx?nid=3900

basically we have to see how the system works inside when something is processed NOT only the input we insert and the output or outcome we obtain.

I believe the above example in the passage is not formulated in the right manner. I think is confusing as well to show the concept of the black-box objection

:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

My question is : why does the student bother with such passages when the official ones are almost countless for the GRE? we do have also the official gmat passages.......

Regards
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Good point on sticking to the official stuff - and thanks fo the explanation it is much more clear now!
Prep Club for GRE Bot
[#permalink]
Moderators:
GRE Instructor
218 posts
GRE Instructor
1029 posts