Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 05:27 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 05:27

Close

GRE Prep Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GRE score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
GRE Prep Club Team Member
Own Kudos [?]: 3256 [0]
Given Kudos: 1051
GPA: 3.39
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
Send PM
GRE Prep Club Team Member
Own Kudos [?]: 3256 [0]
Given Kudos: 1051
GPA: 3.39
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 2119 [1]
Given Kudos: 140
GRE 1: Q168 V157

GRE 2: Q167 V161
Send PM
Re: Climatic conditions are delicately adjusted to the composition of the [#permalink]
In the last para, the author mentions : 'Other areas, for example the Southern Hemisphere oceanic zone, may be experiencing an equivalent temperature decrease that is unrecognized because of the shortage of meteorological recording stations.'

Now option E in Q1, Why there are few recording station...?

The author does not discuss the reason for having few meteorological recording stations. Hence it is wrong.
void wrote:
1st and 6th question plz...
in 6th question why option 3rd is wrong?
in 1st question why option e is wrong?
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 837 [3]
Given Kudos: 194
GRE 1: Q167 V156
GPA: 4
WE:Analyst (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Re: Climatic conditions are delicately adjusted to the composition of the [#permalink]
void wrote:
1st and 6th question plz...
in 6th question why option 3rd is wrong?
in 1st question why option e is wrong?

Hi!

Although, I did not get all the questions correct, I did get 1st and 6th correct. Let me try to help you.

1. The passage supplies information for answering which of the following questions?
I negated the option choices to reach to the final answer.

(A) Why are projections of the effects of changes in water vapor levels on the climate so inaccurate?---> Inaccuracy is not discussed---OUT
(B) What are the steps in the process that takes place as CO2 absorbs long-wavelength radiation?--->The passage does discuss the greenhouse effect, it does not discuss the process that takes place as CO2 absorbs long-wavelength radiation---OUT
(C) How might our understanding of the greenhouse effect be improved if the burning of fossil fuels were decreased?--->Straight OUT

(D) What might cause a series of regular increases and decreases in the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere?--> yes, I remember this vaguely, in 3rd para the author does discuss the increase and decrease in number of plants because of the increase and decrease in CO2----HOLD
(E) Why are there fewer meteorological recording stations in the Southern Hemisphere oceanic zone than elsewhere?---->We are imply told there are fewer meteorological stations, we are not given why? ---OUT

IMO D

6. The discussion of climate in the passage suggests which of the following conclusion?

I. Climate is not perfectly stable, and slight regional temperature variations can be considered a normal feature of the environment.-->The whole passage talks about this. That there might be possible changes and currently, sometimes the temperature increase or decrease---Hold (Once we know this is true, we can negate option B & D)
II. We are unable at present to measure global temperature changes precisely.--->Yes the last para discusses this--Hold (Negating option A)
III. The most important cause of regional climatic fluctuations is the change in CO2 levels in the atmosphere.---> Okay, so the author does says that CO2 could be one of the reason but he never implies or says it is the most important cause. Just because he discusses the whole passage on CO2 does not mean that it is most important. This is a trap.(Negate option E)

(A) I only
(B) III only
(C) I and II only
(D) II and III only
(E) I, II, and III

IMO C

Hope this helps!
Prep Club for GRE Bot
[#permalink]
Moderators:
GRE Instructor
218 posts