Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 06:36 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:36

Close

GRE Prep Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GRE score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 180 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GPA: 3.5
WE:Design (Other)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 2118 [0]
Given Kudos: 140
GRE 1: Q168 V157

GRE 2: Q167 V161
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 837 [1]
Given Kudos: 194
GRE 1: Q167 V156
GPA: 4
WE:Analyst (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Re: Studying for GRE Yr 2 [#permalink]
pumpernickle wrote:
I've been studying for the GRE since June of 2020 with the hopes of applying September 2021. However, scores didn't pan out and work was extra hard that I decided against applying. Weirdly enough, my scores have been declining since I started studying instead of getting better.

I took a little break since my last test in June 2021 and now I'm back to studying mode in October of 2021.

I plan to study for 4-5 months, slowly and steadily. My question is which study prep is better. I'm contemplating between two study methods:

1. Gregmat Verbal + TTP Quant
2. Gregmat 2 month plan over 4 months. This focuses on building basics and working through problems from Manhattan (Month 1) and then focusing on ETS problems (Month 2).

Supplements: I have the Manhattan Stratgy Guides, which were cool too? Should I go through these again or the MGMAT Foundation book?

Anyone done both Gregmat and TTP and have objective opinions about these? I have tried both and love both, just don't know where to spend most of my time. Plus my scores always went down test after test, so makes it harder to know which one worked better for me.

Anyways, thanks to those who reply!

Hi There!

Although, I have not followed either of the plans, but I would like to suggest something.
A. The longer you stretch, the more lightly you take it. What I mean is, get a date, then plan. Because if you have a date for the test, you will have deadline to prepare.
B. The above study plans, will surely help, try to add sizzlers of your own. Do not blindly follw anything.

Hope this helps!

Regards
S
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 5265 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Re: Studying for GRE Yr 2 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Are you still using TTP? If you are and have any questions, feel free to reach out to us on live chat and we can take things from there.
Prep Club for GRE Bot
[#permalink]
Moderators:
Verbal Expert
28634 posts