Last visit was: 28 Sep 2024, 15:31 It is currently 28 Sep 2024, 15:31

Close

GRE Prep Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GRE score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 144
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Re: My GRE AWA Issue Task [#permalink]
PATRICKMENDEL wrote:
Hello all,

Please I need help to review my issue task for GRE AWA.

The Subject:

True success can be measured primarily in terms of the goals one sets for oneself.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

My Essay

Having true success metrics based on the goals one sets for oneself is challenging. While each side of that issue has both strengths and weaknesses, I believe that someone can truly measure his success on the objectives he has assigned himself because this operation allows him to strengthen his self-confidence. Furthermore, having goal-oriented metrics allows him to effectively measure his success.

First, one’s degree of self-confidence is the a fundamental element, we can use to determine if someone is successful or not. In fact, success in some fields as entrepreneurship or politics will not be possible without self-confidence because at the beginning, the entrepreneur is most of the time the only person who firmly believes on its ideas. It is only being with hard work and a little of luck that he can turn his ideas into successful ventures. That is the case of Steve Jobs that people at his time thought that he was fool due to the nature of his ideas to disrupt the technologies in the world. Then, self-confidence is a key performance indicator of oneself success.

Second, goal-oriented metrics are a great way to measure the success. In school, to prepare students for a successful career after graduation, school administration and faculty set objectives they have to achieve in order to be relevant in the industry. For example, students might be required in a business school, to complete at least 100% of the core courses and 50% of the electives courses to get a specialized master degree. This way, faculty has a great tool as well as employers to evaluate the position of the graduates for entry business jobs. If they have done well during the assessments, they have better chances to be successful in their jobs.

Some may argue that it is the others who decide if someone is successful or not by praising him. Then, the real measure of one’s success is the degree at which the society hails him. But before the others praise someone, he needs to prove that he can be useful to them in certain way. So, at the end, he needs to fix himself goals he should reach to be helpful to the society. Therefore, even in this case, the success of one should be measure in terms of the objectives he has been assigned to himself.

In conclusion, one’s degree of self-confidence is a key indicator of his success. Goal-oriented metrics are so important to evaluate one’s success. For these two reasons, one’s success should be measured on the goal’s metrics he has assigned.

insightful viewpoints! clear structure especially at the intro and conclusion where the main points are signposted and summarized. length can be strengthened with by elaboration and arguments in my humble opinion in order to hit a 5.
Prep Club for GRE Bot
Re: My GRE AWA Issue Task [#permalink]
Moderators:
GRE Forum Moderator
37 posts
GRE Instructor
222 posts
GRE Instructor
1057 posts