Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 08:17 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 08:17

Close

GRE Prep Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GRE score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 33105 [0]
Given Kudos: 25173
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Verbal Expert
Send PM
Re: UNIVERSITIES GUIDANCE [#permalink]
Expert Reply
HelloKitty wrote:
I actually dont know the exact location where I want to go aside the country name. BUT even the small suggestion of universities is helpful.

Canada has different Universities from Argentina ;)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Can u name some of them PLZ :-P ? Sry man I am right now kind of nervous and stress about this matter.
Verbal Expert
Send PM
Expert Reply
HelloKitty wrote:
Can u name some of them PLZ :-P ? Sry man I am right now kind of nervous and stress about this matter.

https://gre.myprepclub.com/forum/average-g ... 22116.html
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 2118 [0]
Given Kudos: 140
GRE 1: Q168 V157

GRE 2: Q167 V161
Send PM
UNIVERSITIES GUIDANCE [#permalink]
Hey,

You have a nice CPA.

The uni I think with your GRE score:

University of Denver
Syracuse University
Northeastern University
George Washington University
University of Pittsburg

HelloKitty wrote:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
THANKS MAN!! Really Appreciated
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Umm, Any suggestion for universities in Germany for masters in Data science or other countries?

Some universities I have found myself through an admit-predictor site, that are worth considering maybe?

Ambitious univ.
1>Carniege Mellon University
2>University of Michigan-Ann harbor
3>Cornell University
4>University of Washington

Moderate univ.
1>Univ of Pittsburgh
2>Rutgers University
3>University of Central Florida
4>John Hopkins Univ.

Safe univ.
1>North eastern univ
2>George Washington univ
3>univ. of Denver
4>Florida international univ.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 837 [1]
Given Kudos: 194
GRE 1: Q167 V156
GPA: 4
WE:Analyst (Investment Banking)
Send PM
HelloKitty wrote:
Umm, Any suggestion for universities in Germany for masters in Data science or other countries?

Hi There!

Let me try to help you with this. As I know few people who will be applying for data science in Germany. Please note some of the data science program have a language requirement as they are taught in German.

Below are some of the universities that most of them are applying for:

TUM- https://www.tum.de/en/studies/degree-programs/detail/data-engineering-and-analytics-master-of-science-msc
Mannheim-https://www.uni-mannheim.de/en/academics/programs/mannheim-master-in-data-science/#c35962
LMU- https://www.m-datascience.mathematik-informatik-statistik.uni-muenchen.de/index.html

I would suggest you to try for the first two as they are the best universities. YouAlso other universities such as ESCP, Insead, Esade also offer data science, but they are out of Germany(just in case you are interested go through their course as well)

You can find other universities here- https://www.studying-in-germany.org/masters-data-science-germany/

Let me know if you have any other queries!

Hope this helps!

Regards
S
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 837 [2]
Send PM
HelloKitty wrote:
I actually dont know the exact location where I want to go aside the country name. BUT even the small suggestion of universities is helpful.

I missed to answer this in the last post. You can filter option by choosing universities on the basis of specialization they offer, or the duration of the program(eg. I wanted a 2 year masters so universities in US/canada were out), you can also select universities on their curriculum such as whether the have internship or a semester abroad etc. Also, try to reach out to people of the universities to get a genuine review and the companies/role you want to work in future and whether alums of the universities are working in the company/role. And whether you are open to learn a new language incase the university is not in a english speaking location.

Maybe this might help you to narrow down to few universities/location.

Hope this helps!

Regards
S
Intern
Intern
Send PM
So in German Universities, Wat r my chances in these top universities or can u suggest me some tips for how to calculate these evaluation scores.

Since i am going to apply some universities from both US and German (approx. 5 or 6 total)?

I know I am asking a lot, But rn i am under a lot duress by researching thoroughly along all the way for each universities.

So I really appreciate it, if u give some tips that can soothe my nerves. :(
Retired Moderator
Send PM
HelloKitty wrote:
So in German Universities, Wat r my chances in these top universities or can u suggest me some tips for how to calculate these evaluation scores.

Since i am going to apply some universities from both US and German (approx. 5 or 6 total)?

I know I am asking a lot, But rn i am under a lot duress by researching thoroughly along all the way for each universities.

So I really appreciate it, if u give some tips that can soothe my nerves. :(

Hi!

I am not sure about chances, but a few things I know about German Universities is that the more score you have the better your chances are whether it be you GPA or GRE. As the not all universities require an essay and interview (Mannheim) so they rely on scores and gpa and the other profile. As gpa is something you cannot improve try to get a high gre score.

Ps.: Some universities don’t require a GRE

Regards
S

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GRE: 312 (Q 164 V 148 A 3)
IELTS: 7.0 Overall (in each band cleared 6.0)
CPI: 8.67
Projects: Done 2 projects with AI/ML including one National project + 1 project in Robotics and Computer Vision
Work Experience: NIL

My current profile looks like this
Retired Moderator
Send PM
HelloKitty wrote:
GRE: 312 (Q 164 V 148 A 3)
IELTS: 7.0 Overall (in each band cleared 6.0)
CPI: 8.67
Projects: Done 2 projects with AI/ML including one National project + 1 project in Robotics and Computer Vision
Work Experience: NIL

My current profile looks like this

Hi there!

Unfortunately I can’t help you further (for data science) as this is all the info I have/know, since I am an Mfin applicant. You’ll have to research it on your own, try using LinkedIn talk to alums, what profile did they have.

Similarly for your chances, no one can predict anything. There are n number of parameters for each university. Or you might want to hire a counsellor who could help you get a clearer vision for further support.

Goodluck!

Regards
S

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Man i already hired a counselor but he is targeting US universities for me. I dont know if it is good or not, i am literally in a deep shite. :cry:
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 2118 [0]

Send PM
Hey,

Tell me this: Have you researched colleges/uni in the EU?

And which US universities you are targeting? I believe they might be done with their Round 1.
HelloKitty wrote:
Man i already hired a counselor but he is targeting US universities for me. I dont know if it is good or not, i am literally in a deep shite. :cry:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I just recently hired it around 4-5 days before right now they r telling me to prepare documents as fast as you can. But from my batches or previous batches with approx. equivalent scores. I remember some universities where they get admit:

Like from US
UMBC,
UTA,
univ. of Illinois, Springfield.

and from Uk
Univ. of Birmingham
Teeside Univ.

from germany,
MIS, frankfurt

Originally posted by HelloKitty on 31 Jan 2022, 07:49.
Last edited by HelloKitty on 31 Jan 2022, 08:14, edited 2 times in total.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 2118 [1]

Send PM
HelloKitty

So the list is of the counselor but do research for other schools and gather info yourself. If you believe you have a shot, there is no harm in trying 1-2 ambitious US colleges.

For colleges in Germany-UK, the best solution from this will be that you research some schools and reach out to their current students or alums.

Ask your counselor for those colleges and if he/she denies, you can surely do 2-3 college apps by yourselves.

And yeah, if you want to go for this fall intake, I would suggest you start researching right now.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I mean I have some of the univ. from EU like their subject, career aspect, living scenarios basically i am targeting some top 200 univ from EU that have a good job opportunity and can provide me practical knowledge also.

like,
Univ. of Oslo
Free univ. of berlin
TUB, RWTH, univ. of Magdeburg

Most univ r from Germany cause of tuition fees and they r public oriented.
Prep Club for GRE Bot
[#permalink]
Moderators:
Retired Moderator
6218 posts