Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 06:06 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 06:06

Close

GRE Prep Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GRE score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 33139 [2]
Given Kudos: 25178
Send PM
Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 33139 [0]
Given Kudos: 25178
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Guillemots are birds of Arctic regions. They feed on fish that gather [#permalink]
I am not sure if there is any question that predicts the answers in the best possible state that we do not feel the requirement to perform lengthy calculations and thus look for an opinion and solution. I do not consider this question a tougher one considering that some of the questions here do not remain straightforward or even the correct option. Hence, I will begin forward by examining the question, so you find it easy, and then you will come to a conclusion with ease. First, I will start by announcing the breakdown of the entire equation, so you will find it easy to perform simple concepts such as those of the middle term breaking yourself.
At first, we have the equation of 4x-3y=8, whereas the second equation is -2x+5y=10. The two equations are of the quadratic equation, and thus there will be solving of these equations in the form of a simultaneous way, and therefore you will need to place them simultaneously and then begin with the solving process. It is easier to understand that the two equations can quickly proceed when the equations are added without any multiplication and subtraction. In essence, you need to add them easily. And the resulting equation comes out as:
2x+2y=18
Now it gives a more precise and straightforward prediction of the resulting equation. All you need to do next is that you need to bring commonly the ‘2’ from the left side of the equation and then divide the term under 18 on the right side. It means further that the total equation reduces to:
x+y=9
Now, let us consider the two options that are available to us. At one option, the answer is x+y, and the next option is 9. Thus, it is evident from above that both options are correct, and therefore you will need to select the answer that says that both of them are equal.
Prep Club for GRE Bot
[#permalink]
Moderators:
GRE Instructor
218 posts
GRE Instructor
1029 posts