Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 10:31 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 10:31

Close

GRE Prep Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GRE score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 33152 [7]
Given Kudos: 25179
Send PM
Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 33152 [0]
Given Kudos: 25179
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [2]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: The longstanding pattern in which the majority party is (i) a large [#permalink]
I do not consider the answers steadfastly or ensure that I put in a variable effort and every one of my answers does not interrelate with each other. Hence, if you find my answers wrong, just consider it this way that I haven’t looked at the final answer and I cannot know what the final answer will be. I am just using my basic skills to make sure that I put in the right effort.
At the first blank, my prediction or choice is ‘benefitted by’. And there are some basic reasons for this. First, I think the talk is about the majority party in an election and thus its representation in the legislature. And if you consider any majority party, there will be more seats for it and thus there will be a favorable situation for it. Thus, if you look for the word ‘benefitted by’, it shows that the majority party will find it feasible in the seats.
For the second blank, I am going with seismic. It was a difficult decision to consider this option since it was difficult to select from the ones. Seismic seems of diverse changes and thus if you look at majority, the second extreme is minority and hence I think seismic option suits and sits well.
The final blank allows me to go for culpable since it means guilty or something that is wrong. If I consider other options, they seem to be either polite or pointing to the extreme and I cannot think of a better option that sits well with the condition that the question is pointing towards.
Prep Club for GRE Bot
[#permalink]
Moderators:
GRE Instructor
218 posts
GRE Instructor
1029 posts