Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 05:37 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 05:37

Close

GRE Prep Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GRE score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 33161 [0]
Given Kudos: 25179
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 10617 [3]
GRE 1: Q167 V156
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Planning for a score of 330 in GRE [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Dear rysul119,

Since you have a lot of time on your hand before the GRE, i would advise you to go through the various preparation strategies.

1. 3 Month Plan for the GRE

2. Take a GRE test to evaluate your current Strengths and Weaknesses. We also have 5 free GRE tests available on this website.

3. Have look at the GRE Freebies available on the forum

4. Have look at our official GRE Directories Quant and Verbal

5. Frequently take tests and practice.

Practice Practice and Practice.

Best of Luck
Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 33161 [0]
Given Kudos: 25179
Send PM
Expert Reply
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: AB, cum laude, Harvard University
Own Kudos [?]: 159 [0]
GRE 1: Q168 V169
Send PM
Expert Reply
My core emphasis as a GRE tutor is practicing only on official questions whenever possible. That being said, there is not enough computer-based practice material from ETS, which is where outside tests such as the GRE Prep Club Tests and Manhattan GRE CATs come in, as well as math review sheets, verbal strategy books, vocabulary mnemonic lists, etc.

At the very least, you should try all 320 questions from the 2 PowerPrep CATs, the 59 unique questions on the paper-based PDFs, and the approximately 600 paper-based questions in the Official GRE Super Power Pack. That's nearly 1,000 real GRE questions right there. Then, when you're done, repeat the ones you got wrong until you understand them fully. Don't look at the correct answers until you've tried them again, and repeat this cycle until you either understand them fully or have memorized the answers and thus need to try similar questions instead.

For example, when correcting my students' paper tests and practice questions from the Official Guides, I won't read them the correct answers. Instead, I have them read their answers to me, and I either say "yes" or "no." They might know that their answer choice was wrong, but they still won't know the correct answer, which will keep them honest on their second try. Obviously, this type of study works much better with a partner. But good CAT software should have this type of functionality (hide your answer / hide correct answer) built in as well, which allows you to review the question before clicking "show answer." The "Review Mode" of the GRE PowerPrep software does not hide your answer, but it does hide the correct answer so you have a chance to try it again.

Once you know the correct answer to a question, it loses much of its utility, so try get as much learning out of it as you can before that point. Again, avoid the temptation to click the "Correct Answer" button right away; before doing so, try the question once more.

For more information: GRE Action Plan
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Verbal counts almost 2/3rd og GRE score. Concentrate more on verbal.
Along with all the materials you are planning to study,I suggest to use Vocabsmith app for GRE before 2-3 moths of exam. It would be very useful to revise all the words.
Keep reading Magazines and news papers which increases your vocabulary. Take all Magoosh test papers for sure.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Himabindu wrote:
Verbal counts almost 2/3rd og GRE score. Concentrate more on verbal.
Along with all the materials you are planning to study,I suggest to use Vocabsmith app for GRE before 2-3 moths of exam. It would be very useful to revise all the words.
Keep reading Magazines and news papers which increases your vocabulary. Take all Magoosh test papers for sure.

And by the "magoosh test papers" what do you actually mean? The 1000+ questions they provide for the premium accounts?
Prep Club for GRE Bot
[#permalink]
Moderators:
Verbal Expert
28664 posts