Last visit was: 04 May 2024, 06:34 It is currently 04 May 2024, 06:34

Close

GRE Prep Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GRE score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Re: What's the biggest improvement in GRE quant? [#permalink]
gremather wrote:
Hello everyone,

I've taken the GRE test three times and here are the scores:

Quant: 154, Verbal: 154, AWA: 4.0 (Test taken on August 2013)
Quant: 147, Verbal: 148, AWA: 4.0 (Test taken on July 2014) (Had a hard time concentrating that day)
Quant: 155, Verbal: 156, AWA: 4.0 (Test taken on March 2017) (used Magoosh)

I was wondering if it's possible for me to take my quant score to 161 or above. So far, I've tried everything Magoosh, The Economist GRE prep, and took the Manhattan practice tests.

I've seen some marginal gains in my quant score: In The Economist GRE app, my highest quant score was 158 and in Manhattan it was 157.

Time seems to be my biggest enemy and also comprehending the GRE math questions.

Any advice would be appreciated on how I can take my quant score to 161 and above. Thanks

Try out the questions again from the practise test that you have performed earlier. Sit down and analyse your weakness that why they are getting wrong. Make a list of topics by dividing the easy topics, medium topics and hard topics. Because you can't master all the topics and try to do the calculation of quant questions in mind. approx. 10 questions are so easy that we can solve out without using pen and paper. So, that you'll not get run out of time. Make startegy for performing the paper, let's say in three slots, that will definitely will expedite your quant score.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
In reference to your note on needing more time, you should consider the possibility that you may have slight ADHD or learning disability. I do not say this in a negative way - some people just need more time on exams. I always finish every exam last in the class, but I have a 4.0 GPA in my undergraduate. You can be deficient in areas like time/concentration but be stronger in others. Despite me finishing last, I excel in math and can solve exceptionally complicated math problems given enough time. You can receive 50% plus time on the GRE for having a diagnosed learning disability. Explore the possibility and talk to your universities disability office.

My brother got diagnosed with it in high school as well. He receives extended time on all exams in college.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 134 [0]
GRE 1: Q142 V146
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
gremather wrote:
Hello everyone,

I've taken the GRE test three times and here are the scores:

Quant: 154, Verbal: 154, AWA: 4.0 (Test taken on August 2013)
Quant: 147, Verbal: 148, AWA: 4.0 (Test taken on July 2014) (Had a hard time concentrating that day)
Quant: 155, Verbal: 156, AWA: 4.0 (Test taken on March 2017) (used Magoosh)

I was wondering if it's possible for me to take my quant score to 161 or above. So far, I've tried everything Magoosh, The Economist GRE prep, and took the Manhattan practice tests.

I've seen some marginal gains in my quant score: In The Economist GRE app, my highest quant score was 158 and in Manhattan it was 157.

Time seems to be my biggest enemy and also comprehending the GRE math questions.

Any advice would be appreciated on how I can take my quant score to 161 and above. Thanks

I think you should apply to the universities without much delay, you are perfectly fine @gremather... GRE exam is a stepping stone not an distination for many of us..I would request you to save your self with anxiety just apply bro.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
what is the biggest quant increase anyone has heard of?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
first of all... try to identify were is your mistake.. is it same over the three tests or not? it might be a problem with time or with specific types of questions..
after that..study hard enough to make the correction
Prep Club for GRE Bot
[#permalink]
Moderators:
Verbal Expert
28679 posts