Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:30 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:30

Close

GRE Prep Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GRE score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 33119 [1]
Given Kudos: 25175
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 837 [1]
Given Kudos: 194
GRE 1: Q167 V156
GPA: 4
WE:Analyst (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Re: While Artificial Intelligence was born prematurely in an era that trea [#permalink]
I disagree with Answer B for Question 2.

"They realize little that 'this doubt stems out, not from what is unseen but out of what exists.'"

As I see it, "They realize little" refers to the Progressive Scientists' ignorance in understanding the root of the Ethical Scientists' fears. The "doubt" seems to be the Ethical Scientists' fears. The highlighted portion expounds on the nuances of the Ethical Scientists' fear. Rather than scientists fearing the unseen, they fear what exists. Therefore, this "doubt" seems to belong exclusively to the Ethical Scientists, not the Progressives' purported belief for the Ethical Scientists' fears. This seems to further disprove B because of how the Progressives fail to understand the true purpose for the Ethicals' fears and resistance.
Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 33119 [0]
Given Kudos: 25175
Send PM
Re: While Artificial Intelligence was born prematurely in an era that trea [#permalink]
Expert Reply
The Progressive Scientists have maintained a cavalier attitude towards the fear expressed by the Ethical Scientists and have dismissed it as the fear of “unknown”. They realize little that this doubt stems out, not from what is unseen but out of what exists.

Progressive >>> you have the fear of the unknown

Ethical NO this is not true. We fear what we already have or exists such as the human behavior

skepticism is what we do not know or believe about

B is the only option

A. Resistance of Ethical Scientists

at all is talking about resistance

B. Progressive Scientists’ belief that the fear of unknown leads to the skepticism of the Ethical Scientists

correct

C. Ethical Scientists fear of the “unknown”

stated in the passage and never is an inference . copycat question

D. Author’s belief that there was a lack of consensus between the Ethical and the Progressive Scientists

no consensus

E. Ethical Scientists’ fear of the consequences of what this progress entail

no at all

see more my project on RC https://gre.myprepclub.com/forum/gre-readi ... 20658.html

and this I am completing

https://gre.myprepclub.com/forum/analyze-t ... 26129.html
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
What os the source of ths passage, i guess the answers are wrong for this passage.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 837 [1]
Given Kudos: 194
GRE 1: Q167 V156
GPA: 4
WE:Analyst (Investment Banking)
Send PM
iatulkumar111 wrote:
What os the source of ths passage, i guess the answers are wrong for this passage.

Hi iatulkumar111

I think the OAs are absolutely fine. Try comprehending the passage a bit more throughly, in fact the passage rarely requires any inferences or assumption.

Let us know if you need any help with RCs

Regards
S
Prep Club for GRE Bot
[#permalink]
Moderators:
GRE Instructor
218 posts
GRE Instructor
1029 posts