Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 20:20 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 20:20

Close

GRE Prep Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GRE score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 11687 [0]
Given Kudos: 136
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 33125 [0]
Given Kudos: 25177
Send PM
Re: Transition from GMAT to GRE [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi and welcome home :)

Considering also that your score is already competitive. The average in all BSs of the world is both sections 160

See here https://gre.myprepclub.com/forum/the-gre-a ... 15633.html

Feel free to ask for further assistance

Regards
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GRE 1: Q165 V157

GRE 2: Q165 V156

GRE 3: Q166 V159
Send PM
Hey man, this is exactly what I am doing. I also made a Whatsapp group of like-minded people to be connected for the same.

Feel free to join :
Group invite link:
https://chat.whatsapp.com/KaHmFl0CHY0EGsylcsogrM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [2]
Send PM
I decided to switch to the online GRE after learning that we can't use physical scratch paper. I really don't need to make the test any more stressful with trying to do quick math with my mouse!

Took one of the official GRE tests and scored a 160 for each section - so I'm feeling pretty confident about getting my score up a few more points in the coming weeks! I wonder how many more of us there are that are switching to GRE now.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
shift5105 wrote:
I decided to switch to the online GRE after learning that we can't use physical scratch paper. I really don't need to make the test any more stressful with trying to do quick math with my mouse!

Took one of the official GRE tests and scored a 160 for each section - so I'm feeling pretty confident about getting my score up a few more points in the coming weeks! I wonder how many more of us there are that are switching to GRE now.

Wow to start off with a 320 is great! Yeah, the online whiteboard was not a good idea for me as well! How many GRE vocabulary words do you target to review/learn in a day? Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Send PM
I'm only targeting 10 words per day. I try to use them throughout the day - I've even taught my friends some new words haha

applicant2023 wrote:
shift5105 wrote:

Wow to start off with a 320 is great! Yeah, the online whiteboard was not a good idea for me as well! How many GRE vocabulary words do you target to review/learn in a day? Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Welcome aboard.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
hey guys hope everyone is doing fine, I am also planning to join GRE bandwagon. i scored 315 on my Mock, need a score in the range of 325+.
A bit about me I have prepared for GMAT earlier and have already secured admission through GMAT but due to some unforeseen circumstances, I have decided to prepare for GRE and apply to some Indian B-schools.

it would be great if someone could share a few pointers regarding GRE

1.) how much does word power made easy by normal lewis help, I have 45 days to prepare.
2.) from where we should start solving quant questions, I have Manhattan book of gre problems.
Verbal Expert
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi

I am not quite sure I did get the first question. However, if you do mean how much is important the vocabulary for the GRE I think it is a necessary evil but is not only a question of vocabs but to understand the meaning of the entire sentence

As for quant, I think you are in a good shape both because you prepared for the mat (and the quant side of the GRE is easier but not that much after all ) and because the MGRE books are good to grasp fully the techniques required for the quant side

Here one of the best list for the GRE voc

Basic https://www.greenlighttestprep.com/site ... -Basic.pdf

Advanced https://www.greenlighttestprep.com/site ... vanced.pdf

By Brent

Or this by gregmat https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Regards
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey guys,

Quick question. Has anyone done both Manhattan GMAT Quant books and Manhattan GRE Quant books. Apart from the questions being different, are the concepts taught (e.g. algebra, geometry, word problems etc.) different? If you are transitioning from GMAT to GRE and already covered the Manhattan GMAT Quant books, is it worthwhile going through the Manhatttan GRE Quant book? Thanks!
Verbal Expert
Send PM
Expert Reply
Basically NO

The only thing you have to keep in mind is to stick to relevant areas for the GRE. However, the concepts are the same.

Attachment:
GRE-Quant.jpg
GRE-Quant.jpg [ 39.04 KiB | Viewed 4662 times ]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Send PM
kokus wrote:
Hey guys,

Quick question. Has anyone done both Manhattan GMAT Quant books and Manhattan GRE Quant books. Apart from the questions being different, are the concepts taught (e.g. algebra, geometry, word problems etc.) different? If you are transitioning from GMAT to GRE and already covered the Manhattan GMAT Quant books, is it worthwhile going through the Manhatttan GRE Quant book? Thanks!

Definitely not. I started with the MGMAT Fundamentals and All The Quant books and that had me sufficiently prepared with the basic knowledge. The GRE does WAY more geometry, so definitely make sure you're good at finding areas within areas and understanding angle properties. Otherwise, the MGMAT books are great. I just did loads of practice questions and a few practice tests to get familiar with how the GRE asks its quant questions.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thought I'd go back to this post and see how you guys are doing with the transition from GMAT to GRE. Has anyone taken the test already?

After 3-4 weeks of studying seems like I'm scoring in the 315-320 range with the Manhattan Mock Tests (3 tests in this range). Looking to increase my score by another 6-7 points... (326/327)

Not too sure how similar these Manhattan mock tests are vs. the real GRE test. Would anyone be familiar? Thanks!
Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 33125 [1]
Send PM
Expert Reply
I strongly recommend you to take the official power prep software to see which could be your real score in a test alike environment.

Moreover your score is good. Those improves are possible.

Use only official questions to practice. Maybe using the old gre big book.

Look at tbe post all the official guides gathered in un post as announcement.

Ask if you do need to ask specific questions.

Best regards
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Carcass wrote:
I strongly recommend you to take the official power prep software to see which could be your real score in a test alike environment.

Moreover your score is good. Those improves are possible.

Use only official questions to practice. Maybe using the old gre big book.

Look at tbe post all the official guides gathered in un post as announcement.

Ask if you do need to ask specific questions.

Best regards

Thanks Carcass! Yeah, I will try doing that! For vocabulary, what I have been doing the past few days too actually was listing down the vocabulary from the Official Guide & Manhattan sample questions (1/2/3 blanks + Synonym Pairs) and trying to memorize/remember these words. Would this be a good tactic in reviewing Vocabulary? Thanks so much!
Verbal Expert
Send PM
Expert Reply
use this list by Gregmat

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

It is the only list you do need

Regards
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Carcass wrote:
use this list by Gregmat

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

It is the only list you do need

Regards

Thanks so much Carcass! Appreciate the help here. Would you have any RC tips as well (especially for long passages...) Seems like on average I spend about 15 minutes for all 1/2/3 blank questions + Synonym Pairs, then have about 15 minutes left for all RC-related questions. More often than not, I feel like I tend to run out of time and start skimming just to complete the questions.

Would you say that this time split is good? Or should I allot 20 mins for RC... Thanks!
Verbal Expert
Send PM
Expert Reply
https://gre.myprepclub.com/forum/strategy-18282.html

read this discussion

Attachment:
gre1.jpg
gre1.jpg [ 26.27 KiB | Viewed 4248 times ]

The time above is on AVERAGE