Last visit was: 18 Jul 2024, 09:21 It is currently 18 Jul 2024, 09:21

Close

GRE Prep Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GRE score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
User avatar
Director
Director
Joined: 22 Jun 2019
Posts: 521
Own Kudos [?]: 662 [2]
Given Kudos: 161
Send PM
avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 27 Jan 2020
Posts: 31
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
avatar
Retired Moderator
Joined: 21 Sep 2019
Posts: 160
Own Kudos [?]: 174 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 02 Jan 2020
Status:GRE Quant Tutor
Posts: 1091
Own Kudos [?]: 904 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Location: India
Concentration: General Management
Schools: XLRI Jamshedpur, India - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V31
GPA: 2.8
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: What is the average (arithmetic mean) number of televisions [#permalink]
============================================================

Theory
    ‣‣‣ Mean = (Sum Of All The Numbers) / (Total Number Of Numbers)

============================================================

Average = (Total Number of Houses *16% * 0 + Total Number of Houses *8% * 1 + Total Number of Houses *24% * 2 + Total Number of Houses *20% * 3 + Total Number of Houses *20% * 4 + Total Number of Houses *12% * 5 or more) / Total Number of Houses

If the last number of televisions was a fixed number instead of 5 or more then we would ahve found the average.
But in this case we cannot find it.

So, Answer will be A.
Hope it helps!

Watch the following video to Learn the Basics of Statistics

Intern
Intern
Joined: 08 Jun 2024
Posts: 21
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Re: What is the average (arithmetic mean) number of televisions [#permalink]
A
Prep Club for GRE Bot
[#permalink]
Moderators:
GRE Instructor
48 posts
GRE Forum Moderator
25 posts
Moderator
1091 posts
GRE Instructor
218 posts

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne